• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Altec Moving Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Anyone interested in a killer Altec VOTT A5 system? I'm moving and can't take it with me. If you are in or near North Carolina, this is a great deal.

Basically you've got the A7 bass cabinet (reported and stiffened) with the Altec 1005 10 cell horns on top. A Fane bullet tweeter tops the stack.

Drivers are GPA reconed and remagged Altec 416-A 16" frame woofers and Altec 288-16 1.4" compression drivers. They say 291 on the back, but I've put GPA 288 'frams in them.

Also comes with a custom passive crossover and possibly, a custom active crossover. Can post pix tomorrow.

Have other Altec horns and drivers, too.

Non-speaker stuff here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/264137-moving-sale-eval-boards-stuff.html

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Photos of the beast

Here are some photos. As you can see, not pretty. Zero WAF. But I have my own room, so it doesn't matter. :D

What they lack in visual beauty they make up for in sonic bliss. Based on what I've heard at the big audio shows, you'd have to spend about $25000 to get to this level. But I'm selling for a small fraction of that.

Attachments

• set.jpg
    set.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 654
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 938
  • horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 621
  • mouth.jpg
    mouth.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 619
:nod::hbeat::cloud9: A very close friend of mine Irshad and myself had the wonderful opportunity to visit Pano this morning and listen to music. Notice I said,listen to music, not the components in the system. But the actual music performance,as it should be heard. Our first thought before before hearing these Altec A5's was, that we were going to have to sit or stand at least 50 feet back to be able to listen to them. Boy,were we wrong! Pano has done a fanstastic job of choosing the correct crossover slopes and operating frequencies for his A5's. These, big boy's are so musical they draw you into the music because they are serving up the whole Live performance. This, has messed Irshad and myself up. We don't even want to turn our systems on right now. We just want to hold on to the musical presentation we heard from Pano's Altec A5's! Very seductive, organic and natural.
Pano, thank you for having us over, we enjoyed it.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.