• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Altec M-19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't like to deal with Brian either. Just don't trust the fella. So the fellings mutual. I have an offer on the horns and xo without bass drivers although until the cash is in hand nothing's sold and I'm a first come first serve kinda fella.

$200.00 seems about same as shipping to GPA.

Which do you like better with 288. Consensus seems to be 511. Ill PM Nag you:D

AKAIK the 511 horn for large format drivers like the 288 is the 511E, a rare bird. The 288 seems well suited to the 1803B's. Big manly tweeter on a big manly horn.

I don't think you're in the market for those unless you have won the lottery recently. :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
AKAIK the 511 horn for large format drivers like the 288 is the 511E, a rare bird. The 288 seems well suited to the 1803B's. Big manly tweeter on a big manly horn.

I don't think you're in the market for those unless you have won the lottery recently. :)

lookie lookie - diff just for buzzboy :

Altec511E511B.jpg

I've never understood why Altec uses the L-Pads as variable resistors instead of L-Pads. Every Altec XO I've seen is the same. WTF, is it so hard to use it properly? You can't tell me they didn't know the effect on the XO as the impedance changed.

dunno ; since I realized that their xovers are good for behind the screen , stopped even thinking of them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.