altec lansing 288c drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmm, your interest is certainly persuading me to get rid of them...

Yes, i certainly do not want to worry about coating them, too much work. I have five horns and drivers. Most of the horns were damaged when they were thrown away, but mostly just dented. Nothing a hammer cannot straighten out. I think i am going to sell one of the drivers and horns to fund the rest of the system. Maybe a BLH for under 500hz. Ill probably biamp the system and use a little tube amp for the horns. Do you think i will need a tweeter, or rather woud you?

How low can i get with these horns? They are rated to 500hz. I found this schematic for a crossover at three hundred hz:
http://sound.westhost.com/project09.htm
Perhaps one of you could help me convert that to one of 500hz? Or can i leave it at three hundred? I suppose that would help push the crossover out of the vocal band. I will also need a positive and negative supply for any electronic crossover? i will also need a way to match the sensitivity. i did so the other day with a 100 ohm resister in series with the horn. very impressive that it took that much to get the horn close to that of the woofer!

thanks for the help!

By the way i had one hooked up to a crossover at 100hz and a dayton rs 12". Probably not good for it, but the 1812 overture has given me a new boost of motivation. I like these horns!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.