Altec 604E Super Duplex conundrum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Devil,
It is a two way device by design, a cone driver and a compression driver and horn combined so technically it is not a full range single driver I would suppose.

I C...yes. forgot about that compression driver thingy....unlike the Tannoy Dual concentrics?...I've seen some of the Stephens Trusonics. EVs and the Goodman's Triax's...these have separate HF coils as well and in the case of the Goodmans and EV's compression drivers too..yes? no?

The Tannoy's I know also used a compression driver in say the Big Reds. The cone itself was used as the horn flare unlike the Altec that used an aluminum die cast horn lens. The UREI also used a compression driver and many others such as Radian use a compression driver mounted behind the magnet for the cone driver and have a hollow center pole piece to allow the sound through the middle of the cones motor assembly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.