Alpine MRV-1507

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I replaced all of the outputs and powered the amp and same result.

The power supply is pulsing on and off and I have pulsing DC on the one channel.

With the new outputs installed hooking a dummy load to the terminals does not allow the amp to power up now.

Just thought I would mention the RCA jacks are badly damaged, one of the female plugs is completely gone. Can this cause any issues?

Last edited:
Please read post #45 first.

The power light is blinking red and the protection light is blinking red.

Blinking red on the protection says floating rca shield ground and if the RCA jacks are badly damaged can this cause the blinking red?

The blinking red power light says battery voltage below 10 volts, well I have 14.56 going to it. What tells the amp the battery voltage is to low?

If the RCA shield ground is broken will this keep the amp from powering up?

If I disconnect the 10P connector from the output board the amp will produce rail voltage but their is rail voltage on the problem channel output terminal. With the 10P connector plugged in the amp will not produce rail and does the pulsing. Only 2 terminals of that plug have voltage. One terminal has full rail and one has 8.50 vdc the rest have no DC measured.

This amp is very confusing. I am beggining to dislike working on ALPINE amps.

Last edited:
There may be a problem in the low voltage detection circuit. The Zener that's used as a reference often becomes leaky. That's a minor problem that can be dealt with after you get the amp working.

The floating ground indicator will blink if not head unti is connected (as was previously mentioned) but will also blink if you're using a signal source that has a floating ground (like an MP3 player) or if you have the head unit on a supply that doesn't have it's ground connected to the ground on the power supply that you're using to power the amp.

The broken RCA jack shouldn't cause any problems with the amp powering up, especially with no RCAs plugged in.

Did you check all of the small transistors in that channel to see if any were shorted?

Ok replaced the RCA jacks, pulled all of the 25 small transistors in the channel. All tested fine except for one leaky driver a 2SC2690A and replaced it with a BD139 as well as the one next to it. I also replaced the 2SA1220A's with BD140's.

The amp powers up all 3 lights green and produces nice clean sine wave and sounds great on the old XLC sub!!!

Thanks again Perry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.