Alpair/Lowther comparison?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have Alpair 10M' gen3 s in self designed ported boxes for a few years and absolutly love them. A good friend of me has lowter DX4's in a similar box and i love them also. We both use tube amps (i a Prima Luna Prologue 4 full stock, he a Ank 300B SET) and they are in the same league. The lowter is more efficient (96dB vs 88dB) and powerfull (can handle 100w vs the 30 watt of the 10M) and sounds slightly different, but not better.

For me the Alpairs (all models) are a steal for the price they go for. I don't know any driver that can do that for that price. The lowter DX4 is 6x more expensive down hear than the Alpair 10M Gen 3, but can go much louder. If you need a lot of volume a Lowther is maybe best. But if your budget is tight and you can live with normal living room volume (a bit above 102dB on one meter) the Alpair is a better deal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.