All tube PSU for my SRPP Anzai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why do you call this preamplifier Anzai? The schematics you've been showing in #4 and #14 clearly originate from the Elektor SRPP Preamplifier article of 1987!
And no, the zener reference doesn't need any additional resistors (R9 in #6, R10 in your last schematics). The error amplifier triode's cathode current is enough.
Best regards!

Thanks a lott, regarding the zenner polarisation. Yes you are right about Elektor article in 1987, but the origin is from Japan. I have the Elektor magazine since then but in 1987 I was allready listening that SRPP build at home after some other revue. But never mind, we call it in romania Anzai as you can call it else. The matter is the sound which from my subjective point of view is nice and still impess me after all this years.
Regards,
Victor

Thaks, The SRPP Anzai needs no more than 18 mA so I suppose ripple shall be less. In anny case the CLC input filter do a nice job too. Did you mean 100R in stad of 1k? Also have a look at the zenner polarising resistors(R9 R10)...are they right values? I am asking that because in the original schematics of the AN M2 psu they where missing...on purpose by mistake or right?..so the zenner is not polarised at all.
By the way, some time ago I tried the shunt regulated psu at a friend AN RIAA preamplifier but the sonic result was not convincing.
Regards,
Victor

Yes Sir 100R, apologies. Everything else looks good!

BTW, have you thought of using a Maida style regulator with an EL84 as a pass
Tube? Would probably give you a little better results.
Something like that I have now, a sort of improvisation from the the '90thyes , an el36 with 1/2 ecc83 which works well. But I want to clean-up the gear and no need of too much amps, only 18mA.
As I decieded to refurbish all the preamp with new elcaps, new polyprop (some of them) and some new conectors and pots. all of this, because at the time (30 years ago) we were unabble to find good stuff behind the "iron curtain"
Now as I am finishing my new project (Tim's OTL amp + the ESL63 rebuilt at 32ohms) I think is time to put all together.
Regards,
Victor

Yes, now I remember that Elektor had cited Hiraga as the original author of the idea in that 1987 article. It's been quite a long time since I've been reading it the last time...
To your original question: Personally, as the TL783C is obsolete since a long time, I'd not insist on tube regulation (or even tube rectification) in the PSU, but prefer SS instead, e.g. Maida's LM317 application note.
Best regards!

Last edited:
Yes, now I remember that Elektor had cited Hiraga as the original author of the idea in that 1987 article. It's been quite a long time since I've been reading it the last time...
To your original question: Personally, as the TL783C is obsolete since a long time, I'd not insist on tube regulation (or even tube rectification) in the PSU, but prefer SS instead, e.g. Maida's LM317 application note.
Best regards!

This one works extremely well, the addition of the Lm329 brings up the rejection ratio quite
A bit I would think another 10dB or so.

Attachments

• FACB8E4B-243C-4E61-B7A1-D2336AE71339.jpeg
    FACB8E4B-243C-4E61-B7A1-D2336AE71339.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 143
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.