All Horn System Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
oh a lot more. trust me, thats where I started.

I've tried to lift a labhorn before.

I weigh 107 pounds, and my only other crew is my 85lb girlfriend.

we are not moving it if it weighs over 170.

basically, for the same number of drivers, pick up 4 to 5 db in output, and a handlful of hertz in extension.

did I mention I live in 420 square feet of apartment? (or 2940 cubic feet lol, 110 is already dedicated to subwoofers)

Depends if you're running series or parallel. If you're running the drivers in series I'd hold out for another 5050 (but use the 4050 for low mids). If you run parallel drivers, you might set your limiters a bit under the 4050's max output, then you'll end up with the same power out of both. Slightly higher peaks out of one won't be noticed.

When running the monster system, I run 6 off three CA18's and the other two off a 5050. With the drivers in parallel. Limiters are set to 90V peak and only 40V RMS to keep the heating under control. It never seems to come to that - with that many boxes the system runs on a headroom basis and is clean as a whistle... that can be heard for a mile in any direction. When I run TH18's (which is more often now) I run two per side on the 5050 - with the limiters disengaged. With the 35Hz high pass the amp just can't hurt 'em. And when the kids see clip lights flashing they know it's loud enough.

So, long time no update.

Have:
All 4 labs done. 2 x rmx5050s to power the labs.
4 x Eminence Kapa-15LFA & Eminence Delta Pro 12-A for 2 H215s and 4 MT121 midrange horn section.
Rmx4050 for the 2 Hd215s.
2 JBL 2446Js with 2385A Horns
DBX DriveRack 260

Need:
To build the HD215s and the MT121 midrange horn sections as well as housings for the 2385A Horns.
Amp for the 4 x MT121 midrange horn sections.
Amp for the JBL 2446Js.

Am I missing anything?
Also, any suggestions for the amps I still need?
Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.