Aleph5....it works!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jean,

it weighs 30kg.

Rodd,

the transformers are from Schuro here in Germany and are vacuum filled with some kind of raisin (very quiet) and made especially for audio. They now got a new type wich is also magnetically shielded.

The 4 black caps are Albs 40.000/80V wich were left over from another project. (I know 80V is a bit overdone but the space was there)

The chokes are 1.8mH/0.38Ohm

The second batch of caps are 22mFx6 per channel.

william

Hi all,

just a pic of the (almost) finished Aleph5. Don´t know how I will finish the case so for now I settle for this "unfinished" look.

Since the last reports I changed the trimmers for R19 and R21 with resistors (49k and 390R) so now it runs at 2.4A bias and about 63% ac current gain (about 6.7A peak).

I will leave it this way and start on a pair of monos with about 31volt rails and 4A bias with 6 paralleled fets. I think this will cure the power problem into 2-3 ohms and make for some happy listening....

william

just change the R19 and R21 from the original scheme will work exactly like what u said? 2.4 A bias and 63 % ac.

also have you compare 2 trafo or single trafo for aleph 5? any benefit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.