Aleph-X Official PCB rev Beta & 1.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hope you got my email

Case not (I feel odd using the diyaudio snd feature, where you get no record that the email is sent):
Hi grataku

My email is:
richard.grant@nre.vic.gov.au

My postal address:
5 Ballinamona Street
Fairfield VIC
City Melbourne
3078 ('Australian zip' postcode)
Australia

Shipping to Australia = $US5.50
(was when Dale Herman sent me some boards a couple of months ago)
I don't care if it's by
USPS Economy (Surface) Parcel Post
Or whatever
:nod:
Is Paypal best for you??

Paypal charge to you I think is 4%?
To be added to my bill

Let me know total cost

Best Regards,
Richard,

Grataku who got them . .

Hi Grataku

> those interested in the boards: send me an email

I sent you ‘an email’ from here a few days back, but haven't heard.

Could you post the status of this here?
:idea:
If you’re short of time, say with names of those who got them . . .

TIA

If help is needed with a second run of pcb's I would be more than willing to help out where needed. I understand that it is quite the hassle shipping a couple of hundred boards to many parts of the world.
I am not quite sure who needs to be contacted about this so I am posting this here. Hope this helps.

dance like no one is watching
work like money is no object
love like you've never been hurt

wasser

hi all, I bought 6 HiFizen's ALeph X boards.
I am a newbie in Aleph series, got few stupid questions.... really need your guys help !!! :dead:

1. the board is designed as Power Amp circuit, right? (or I misunderstood it... it's for pre-amp ! ??)
2. the input voltage is 15V, wondering if I wanna increase the output power, can I increase the voltage, say + - 50DC ? (so it's roughly 100W)
3. so I realized I need more MOSFET in parallel in order to provide more power consumption... which MOSFET on the board I should increase ?
4. the output has + and - .... wondering.....if it's a power amp... what's the - output for ? the negative input in speaker ?
5. can I make the input stage to unbalanced one? just RCA type instead of XLR? if yes... how ?
6. I've seen many people posting this board contains some "output devise" ... ??? what's that mean ? what devise ?

cheer.
Forest

I see ! thanks :)
I thought + - 50V DC only gives roughly 100WATT for poweramp...
it seems SuperSymmetric is different...
it doesn't waste much energy :bulb:

so according to HiFiZen's design (4 MOSFET output per channel), I can get 20 ~ 30 Watt output? or as skaara said, I can get 50W ???
cuz my speaker only has 89db :bawling:

grataku said:
up4
Nelson himself uses 30-0-30 and 32 mosfet/chn (I think) for the XA200 and get 200W burning off 480W in the process, I would definitely stay below that.
15-0-15 gets you ~20 clean watts (clipping at ~30W).

no kidding !!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
now I see why 15VDC can boost up to 30W or MORE.
please bear with my stupidness. :dead:

nowater said:
up4 said: I thought + - 50V DC only gives roughly 100WATT for poweramp...
it seems SuperSymmetric is different...
it doesn't waste much energy

It is not more efficient, but it is a bridged amp, which requires lesser voltage rails for the same output power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.