Aleph-x help me save it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The two 75k resistors are IMO too high in value.
Try something like 4.75k. With 22-0-22V rails you should be able to adjust the voltage over the source resistors to something like 320mV, that is with P1 and P3 at 25K.
Power dissipation would be 17 to 18W per mosfet.

/Hugo

Attachments

• alephx1.gif
    alephx1.gif
    54.4 KB · Views: 276
Joined 2003
Paid Member
No, the Vgs readings in your post #40 are closer to what it should be, except they should both be equal. It was only the bias that was too high. In the provide schematic, you will see that both Vgs of the Aleph current source and the gain mosfets is 4.45V. Your values may vary but not much.
Are you now able to measure any change in voltage over the source resistors while trimming P1 and P3?

/Hugo

Ok. Let me open this thread again. I really needed to take a break.
First of all thanks Netlist for your work with schematic. Although I don’t understand it.
The problem is still this:

Q11 ( in my case they are two) when turning full on starts at about 4,5V but quickly goes down to 4.1V. Then I have to turn it of because I don’t want to burn anything. I have burned enough transistors already. The Q2 side stabilizes at about 4.4V.
The source resistors have 0.5V. If I understand this it should be 0.3V.
The question is: How can I stabilize Vgs at 4,4 on Q11?
I did turn up V3 to se what happens but I can't se any change.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Obviously, something is wrong with the one side.
I you compared all resistors with the known good side, only the BC550C of the Aleph current source or a bad connection (soldering) somewhere must be the culprit.
What is it that you don't understand on the schematic?
It shows the DC values, measured with respect to ground.

/Hugo :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.