Aleph P+Aleph 3+ Aleph 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo,

do you think it's possible (and a good choice too) to drive two

Aleph 3 in a passive (horizontal or vertical) biamping with an

Aleph P? I know, the power amps have 23Kohm and 1,55 volt

input each (I think the preamp will "see" only 11,5Kohm!) so the

Aleph P needs to have a strong out , maybe more mA, than we

usually see in other preamps, maybe nothing of tube-type kind.

Am I wrong? And what about the balanced/unbalanced

mismatch?

Thank you and excuse me for my bad english.

Stefano.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
spersanti276 said:
Hallo,

do you think it's possible (and a good choice too) to drive two

Aleph 3 in a passive (horizontal or vertical) biamping with an

Aleph P? I know, the power amps have 23Kohm and 1,55 volt

input each (I think the preamp will "see" only 11,5Kohm!) so the

Aleph P needs to have a strong out , maybe more mA, than we

usually see in other preamps, maybe nothing of tube-type kind.

Am I wrong? And what about the balanced/unbalanced

mismatch?

Thank you and excuse me for my bad english.

Stefano.

good choice ; nothing to worry about

Yes is possible and the best way in my opinion is to connect by XLR in vertical mode the biampling of the aleph3.
In other words you take the pin 2 and ground and connect to an rca the other on pin3 and ground to another rca.
The two rca complete one channel (left or right) of the XLR and goes to the left and right channel of one pass aleph3.
The power is normal for the rca (1-2) and change fot the rca(1-3) because it's the (-) signal.
In this way you drive in balanced mode the aleph p just for the reason that you have two aleph3.
When You listen the difference you will see....

Bye

Sandro (saperusa)

And what about the correct connection between Aleph P and two Aleph 3 in "horizontal" passive biamping? Is it possible?
I think that another way of using the passive biamp is to pre-filter (with simple 6/db-oct.) the amp that drives the tweeters.
Maybe I'll have less dinamic than with the vertical biamp but the intermodulation between tweeter and woofer will be absolutely zero.
I'm thinking about this because I have hpd 12" Tannoy (95 db eff./almost 1000hz crossed with 6db-oct./an "easy" impedance curve) so I don't need so much power but,eventually, better control,more dinamic,less distortion in general...
All the people that have good Tannoys say that biamping is the way to go.

Thanks a lot.

Stefano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.