Aleph L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A little patients may be your best bet on this one. Pass is setting up a site at Passdiy.com to help all of us out, and "one of the items on the agenda is making Aleph boards available" Check out the thread "Aleph printed circuit boards" in this forum written on 9-20-01 for more info.

I just finished building an Aleph L and I'm really impressed with it. Its very simple to build and could easily be breadboarded. I did PCB's, but it is all seperate PCB's. One for each channel and another for power supply. I built the ver 2 of this preamp, not the first version. Sound is very smooth but highly detailed. No matching of MOSFETS is needed in this preamp either since it is single ended and not balanced. I did buy the original Avel D4007 power xformer and also added in the dip switch attenuator on the input from the version 1 Aleph L. On the output I have two 5K precision wirewound Bourns 10 turn pots with rotation counters that are calibrated. I plan on adding a DACT attenuator on the input as soon as funds permit.
Mark Gulbrandsen
Salt Lake City.UT

My Aleph L clone

I just finished building an Aleph L
Sound is very smooth but highly
und much better than my Naim's nac 72
Many thanks to Nelson Pass

Attachments

• dsc01321.jpg
    dsc01321.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,424
Aleph L construction

I am in the middle of the Alpeh L construction.

The version built: ALpeh L 1.2, with Aleph P 1.0 volume control in single ended mode.
My actual version is a bit modified, because the 10uF Multicap capacitors simply too big.
Here you can find the version designed for Audyn, Panasonic, Wima, Mcap andAxon capacitors.
This was my first plan, but I get those Multicaps...
I have the gerber files also.

Attachments

• pcb1.jpg
    pcb1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,541
Thanks

I did that preamp in 2 days
The PCBs were done and designed by me
I always prefer to use relay switching
on input and output
I used separate transformer for relays
coupling caps from LT 10MF 5%
That he can use some information from PCB, he is welcome

Attachments

• alien1_taichi_md_clr.gif
    alien1_taichi_md_clr.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,833
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.