• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph J-X pcb group buy, 2nd run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought (10) JFET coupling heatsinks from Patrick/Mark. Mark is the guy you want to talk to about ordering them (look toward the end of the thread)

JFET sink GB thread

i'm aware of all of that mate. i've spoken to both of them some time ago, I was just asking if there had been a specific one designed for this layout, because as you know there are several different types already.

canada post has got to be one of if not THE worst postal service I have ever used. I had a large transformer order from sumR take well over 3 months to get here and 2 of those before it updated to say it had been picked up and left the country; now nearly a month ago I sent some Zfoil TX220Z power resistors to opc as a present for his hard work on the GB and they still havent arrived, this service normally takes <2 weeks to anywhere else in the world. plus I coulnt send by registered post because they (auspost) dont trust it either and wont guarantee it, there are only 2 countries I know of worldwide they have made this distinction with and the other one is Bulgaria

Peter, when did you send the aleph boards? just so I know how long 2 times the maximum recommended delivery time is so I can work out how long till it gets here :p

Last edited:
Canada Post is actually very good. Airmail takes less than a week to most European destinations, same for Australia and NZ.

01/04 was right after Christmas and some delays can be expected. Also, I ship boards by letter mail so it can take a bit longer than usual airmail package.

OTOH, if something is shipped by surface mail to save on postage, the standard delivery time is 8-10 weeks, and this is normal.

> I was just asking if there had been a specific one designed for this layout, because as you know there are several different types already.

If there is sufficient demand (say 300 pcs minimum), we can design and make any heatsink of any shape at very competitive prices.
So e.g. there will probably be one specially for the F5X.

It's up to you guys. Peter also has a few of our type 0 sinks. And as far as I can remember, type 0 will fit his PCB.

:)

Patrick

Last edited:
;) ;) You never dealt with italian postal service!

Hannes

oh yes I have, I actually just replaced something they somehow managed to kill. made some small cables for someone and the padded envelope appeared to have had an anvil dropped on top of it, one connector housing was completely caved in and the second cable missing entirely due to ventilation that seems to be a value added service the processing center offers

OTOH, if something is shipped by surface mail to save on postage, the standard delivery time is 8-10 weeks, and this is normal.

yes, they said that 8-10 weeks was normal too when I called them around then; I looked back just now, I just remembered it was mega late >14 weeks however..... I dont call that 'very good' also I have just sent a package to them airmail via auspost, auspost hands it over to them with regular airmail. that was now nearly 4 weeks ago (just after Xmas)..for airmail.....this particular one is to quebec, so maybe that makes a difference, but the fact I was actually unable to buy insurance speaks volumes and now a 200 dollar package is missing. maybe i've just been unlucky with them I dont know, but my experience with the help desk wasnt nice either. I have never got surface mail from Richard again.

still worth it for his TX though and i'm about to order from him. so from my reading a 650-750VA TX will do for a AJX? soso my speakers are around 90db with 8R woofer and 6R tweeter, this is my first speaker and power amp build having mostly headphone amp and plenty of dac and power supply experience, so excuse the noob questions, will 4 output devices be fine, or is 6 preferred? being effectively a bridged amp halves the effective speaker load correct? regular SE bridged, balanced differential output or X'd makes no difference to the drivers right?

Last edited:
Canada Post is actually very good. Airmail takes less than a week to most European destinations, same for Australia and NZ.

01/04 was right after Christmas and some delays can be expected. Also, I ship boards by letter mail so it can take a bit longer than usual airmail package.

those delivery times for your stuff are fine mate

it was a decent size, but not massive and was far from cheap, cheapER yes.

now this present the GB put together and bought for owen (opc) for his work on the D1 IV board still hasnt turned up (after not being able to insure it), meaning I would be up for another 180 plus a second lot shipping; so after already putting in a decent chunk of the initial buy i'm none too happy with canada post.

haha sorry rant over, just giving some background as to why i'm pissed.

Last edited:
suppose thats possible, anyway as long as these 4 x 0.02% match TX220Z get through to opc at some point soon i'll be happy, the other one is all in the past. pretty cool pressie to go missing in the wind.

haha just read your note, I dont know about you, but my advertising blurb doesnt state categorically whether it is or it isnt part of a deadly war machine, perhaps I should??

I can imagine how some of your whacky point to point chipamps could raise some eyebrows at customs

shhh dont tell owen its meant to be a surprise, I dont think he'll be reaing this thread and honestlyt it became pretty obvious what the surprise was

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.