• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph J kit of parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I am currently consulting with Wayne Colburn (Pass Labs) about a possible Jfet replacement suitable for the front-end of the Aleph J. (No, I don't remember the exact part number - I will get some and put them in circuit for testing, and if they work will have the ability to make more kits.) ((I also might have a line on some J74, but that's still a ways off.))

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Accepting a balanced input? They do that already. That's why there is In GND, In +, and In -.

Fully balanced? that will require 2 PCB/chan and some surgery. If you want to do that, you could always build the Aleph J-X, the Peter Daniels boards were made for it.

Accepting a balanced input? They do that already. That's why there is In GND, In +, and In -.

Been listening to it this way for the past several weeks and continue to be mightily impressed!

Fully balanced? that will require 2 PCB/chan and some surgery. If you want to do that, you could always build the Aleph J-X, the Peter Daniels boards were made for it.

Don't think the Peter Daniels boards are available atm. In any event, this would require "starting over". Having built the diyAudio Store version (using your great kit!), I was thinking of building a second if the conversion to fully balanced monoblocks is possible and not too difficult.

Can you, or others who have completed the project, post some pictures?

Here's a picture of mine close to its final state.

Attachments

• Aleph2.jpg
    Aleph2.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 514

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Update -

I have tried the alternate Jfets from Wayne, and unfortunately they didn't work. :( (Well, they worked, but distortion was about 4X. It still sounded fine...)

So there will be just a few kits with the last of the J108 for sale. I am currently waiting on the output Mosftes to arrive.

There are enough people already interested in the kits that have their name down on this thread that I will contact you when I have everyting ready to ship.

I would be willing to do another PSU order if I can get at least 25 reservations. PM if you are interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.