Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

Pictures of Aleph J just finished

...as pronounced some pictures of my finished Aleph J.
I like the sound!!!!, the layout!, and the design....

Attachments

• _D8M1396.jpg
    _D8M1396.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 601
  • _D8M1398.jpg
    _D8M1398.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 589
  • _D8M1400.jpg
    _D8M1400.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 563
  • _D8M1402.jpg
    _D8M1402.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 555
  • _D8M1406.jpg
    _D8M1406.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 552
Thanks for congratulations 6L6!
I had a lot of fun planning and constructing the mechanical part and complete electrical components.

A big "thank you" to 6L6 for YOUR illustrating building up Aleph J!!!:):) Often I used your pictures and comments!

And you are right:
the sound is great and much better I ever listened to commercial (expensive) amps.
The loudspeakers are Quad ESL 57.

this was posted to me a time ago.

"Meanwhile i got an opportunity to buy 2sj 109BL grade dul jfets . so i decided to build Aleph J . Store board was not comparable to fix this dulal jfets on boad ( it was designed to put sj74BL and sk170 Bls ) . Then i purchased one peter danial board from our diyaudio member which was suitable to fix this dual jfets .

Aleph 30 was bit of dark and was producing marvelous sound for me .

AJ was more transparent while compare with A30 . I didnt feel any bass deficiency . pure sound .I like more aj .

I am using pumpkin to Drive my AJ. I am fully satisfied with its sound . Do you have any plan to convert your A30 to AJ , yes will like it . "

(Aleph 30 really near to A3)

If you ask more People you get more different opinions.

I own a aleph J clone and I love it. Till now, had no Chance to compare it to a irf9610 input

One additional question: Power supply
I am going to be powering this from a +/- 24VDC battery bank (usually nearer +/- 25 VDC). It is my understanding that batteries act like REALLY REALLY BIG but SLOW capacitors and that therefore they need some sort of capacitor bank to 'speed them up' even though there is obviously no ripple to deal with. I'm thinking some sort of electrolytic paralleled with a film, but is there any good way to determine sizes?
Thanks

More is nearly always better.
Measure the output impedance/internal resistance of your battery, it would also be informative to determine if the battery creates any noise at different current outputs. Without knowing all the information it's hard to make a suggestion.

10uF film is good on the output