Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Actually, as the LED are there to show proper power to the amp PCB, you will want 2 different colors. Red and Green are the most logical, to show V+ and V-

But some people will want to use at least one of those LED as a 'power on' indicator... So whatever you might find in the way of Pass blue is cool as well... :) :) :)

I think its best just to stick to original numbers. I am sure anything can be tweaked to perfection, but this should happen on individual basis, as all folks builds will be different.

Initial prigin for matched quad will be $12. If using dual output pairs, as I suggest, then $24.

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
henryve -- Thanks so much for your work on this! The BOM and notes will be extremely helpful to everybody wanting to build this amp.

As for buzzforb's suggestion of attaching a schematic, I think that's a great idea, it's just that there isn't a really good one yet - the original schematic dosen't have any of the changes, and the eagle schematic that didiet used for making the PCB has a bunch of extraneous bits to facilitate the PCB drilling and pads...

Once we have the PCB tested I will make sure there is an "official" schematic for this. In the time being, didiet's is best.

Question - does anybody know what software Nelson uses for his schematics? Visually it's very appealing, I would love to have the final schematic drawn in that... :) :) :)

Last edited: