Aleph clone ID

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
look at picture ;

gimme voltage across that resistor ;
one probe where one arrow is , other probe where other arrow is

I'm not interested in any voltage against the ground ( ie - where one probe is on ground )

in fact - you can measure voltage between speaker terminals ........ just to be sure that at least that is OK ;)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 328
OK
That was the resistor I was measuring - sorry about the errors on my part.

On one channel is 0.439 Vdc drop and the other it is 0.423Vdc Across that resistor with the arrows.
Between the speaker terminals it's 38.2milliVoltsdc on the 0.439dc channel and 32.9mvdc onthe 0.423vdc channel

Thanks for your patience!
KB

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
brownie said:
OK
That was the resistor I was measuring - sorry about the errors on my part.

On one channel is 0.439 Vdc drop and the other it is 0.423Vdc Across that resistor with the arrows.
Between the speaker terminals it's 38.2milliVoltsdc on the 0.439dc channel and 32.9mvdc onthe 0.423vdc channel

Thanks for your patience!
KB

OK
+/-17V5
Iq 1,33A
13W/8E
14W/4E
7W/2E
dissipation 47W/channel

first - you need more power or just more quality ?

in case that you need more power , we must investigate can your heatsinks endure more dissipation ; for that we need more pics and dimensions of your heatsinks

if you need just more quality - than it's easier ...... more caps , bigger xformer ( same voltage , more VA)

Hi Zen Mod

I really do appreciate you taking the time with this.

To your questions:

Definately NOT more power - the speakers are happy on sub 5 WPC and I listen at fairly low levels so probably literally circa 1 watt.

Quality is what I'm looking to improve. I felt the amp was struggling a bit on transients hence my inital quiz on the power supply.

Do you have a preferred Transformer brand and a guess as to what va to go for? I'm more than willing to spend extra to do the power supply well.

Thanks again
Kevin

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
brownie said:
Hi Zen Mod

I really do appreciate you taking the time with this.

To your questions:

Definately NOT more power - the speakers are happy on sub 5 WPC and I listen at fairly low levels so probably literally circa 1 watt.

Quality is what I'm looking to improve. I felt the amp was struggling a bit on transients hence my inital quiz on the power supply.

Do you have a preferred Transformer brand and a guess as to what va to go for? I'm more than willing to spend extra to do the power supply well.

Thanks again
Kevin

well - I know for apexjr site (for caps) , but regarding xformers ........ there we are really on different sides of world ;)

I hope that someone locally will know what's good in your neighborhood ........

anyway - look for xformer in range of 250VA , and put at least 8 pcs of these 12000uF caps - in CRC configuration .......

you can use 0R47 resistors in that CRC filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.