Aleph 5 ... too flat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have just finished my Aleph 5 monoblocks. It seem to be ok but comparing to my Musical Fidelity MA65 Aleph's sounstage is flat. Not much of details and musicality. Better bass but this is not the most important for me.

Does any one have the idea how to solve this problem. Will appreciate any help.

Piotr

no ... unbalanced so far. The pre is Balanced Line Stage but allso in unbalanced mode. But Musical Fidelity is allso unbalanced and it has got much mor space and air. I wonder if i should judge in 1st week of amp's life. Meaby it needs some time to "break in"

u like it ? ... it's just before painting ...

Attachments

• pict0019.jpg
    pict0019.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,089
Ok here is what i do to solve my problems:

1. I will have even more perfectly mached fets IRF 240
2. I wil place output fets as close as possible to the PCP on a good qality OFC cables
3. I will change 0.47R resistors for better ones
4. I will paint the chasis ... this will improove most :)

and of course as soon as I have pisitive results I will post it

P.S. I found out when dimounting PCB that one if 1 ohm resistors in current source is not soldered properly ... grrrr :-( meaby this was the main reason ? Anyway thaks for interest and advise

P.S. The chasis is outstanding not only "nice" ;-)

Yes ... blue led ... this will solve my problems !!!

> I will bypass elcos in power supply wit 10 uF poly
> I will bypas 220 uF elcos with ... ?? 10 uF poly or should I give less ?
> Chasis is painted now ... but i guess you don't wanna see it
> Still have some problems with 120 hz hum ... i want to place a resistor before last 10 000 uF cum but i am not sure about value. What do you suggest ... 0.33 ohm will do ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.