aleph 4 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all
ive worked out from a spread sheet posted on the web what i have to change aside from out put devices on my aleph 5 mini a to convert to an aleph 4

aside from a few resistors and a cap there is not much at all, so i pose this question

what would happen if i didn,t change anything on the aleph 5 board and just added the extra output devices (12 irfp240 instead of 6 irf 140 )
changed the toroids to 40/0/40 secondry instead of the 25/0/25
and doubled the heatsinks

would it work or end in flames and magic smoke :confused:

thanks for any help in advance
regards sheafer

Joined 2003
Paid Member
If all you did was add 3 more pairs of outputs, using the same source resistors as Aleph 5, you'd essentially have an Aleph 2 with a bit more output than stock. Dissipation will be a bit over 300W/channel; if your sinks can handle, you're fine. The Aleph's are versatile in that they work fine with a variety of voltages. Do you have the schematics to these designs to compare?

Last edited:
hi mega amp
i have a spread sheet noting the differences which are as follows
http://www.penguinlovers.net/audio/aleph2_proj.html

the above links to the site im using
as you can see there is only very minor differences between the 4 and 5
which is what got me thinking about what would happen if i just added the extra outputs and upped the voltage and sinks on the aleph 5 to the same specs as the aleph 4

regards sheafer

hi mega-amp

i am going to be running 1x 1kva 40/0/40 per channel which is aleph 4 voltage

the aleph 5 was running a 25/0/25 per channel so i,m almost doubling the voltage ,but i will be doubling the sinks and output devices as well

ok so i think ill give it a shot leave the aleph 5 boards as is but run double the output devices and sinks and run 40/0/40 volts instead of 25/0/25

i should recieve the output devices which are matched 4x sextuplets from tech diy ,sinks courtesy of conrad will be 4x mf35 151 per monoblock and extra output boards from brian gt this week so it should not take long to get running

i might start a build thread here with pics if any one is interested

fingers crosed the aleph 5 boards can handle the extra volts

regards sheafer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.