Aleph 4 PCB Bulk Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hey Mates, No Worry

The $9 USD postage is good up to 2lb (56g). You just need to get a few of your mates together for a mass shipment. I know it doesn't get around the duty or the exchange rate, sorry.

Anyway, if your interested here's the USPS international shipping calculator.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Also, not to be presumptuous, it will be up to the sender to agree as well.

Rodd Yamashita

ATTENTION ALL THOSE IN AUSTRALIA

I have a mate in San Fran who operates 2 businesses, one out of sydney, one out of san fran, he is constantly going from one to the other, and always has empty suitcases on the way back. I am more then happy for people to get anything within reason shipped to him, he brings it back to me, and i redistribute around australia.

REMEMBER WITHIN REASON!

problem - if something happens in shipping, buyer takes all responsibility.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
new board layout

I finished the board in protel99, which I can export to gerber.

I have looked over it once, but not too closely yet, so there might be errors. Please take a look at it and see if anything is wrong. I like this layout much better. It is much more symetrical and has 45 degree angled traces.

aleph pcb

Comments are appreciated.

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu

Brian,

I've looked at the layout and here's my comments:

1. Should the output ground be tied to all the other grounds? How about 1 or 2 more ground holes on the trace for speaker ground or power supply ground connections?
2. Please add (& label) mounting holes for plus and minus 45V. Also, 1 or 2 more holes on the 45V trace for the wiring landing from the power supply capacitors?
3. Mounting holes for the board would be nice too.
4. Is there any way to label the small "s" with some other name? I somehow have this feeling that the small "s" and big "S" will be connected in reverse .......... just don't want accident waiting to happen ....... because we're all trying to get everything completed ASAP to get to the listening stage ........

This comment is unrelated to the tracing ........ I can't print out the whole board image on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. It shows probably about 1/4 of the board when I print it out. Does yours print out o.k.?

Joined 2002
Board changes

As for the new board schematic:

Aleph PCB

Please look over it and see if you found any problems with it.

There are a few things I have fixed, and will post a new picture later:

- Added mounting holes
- Added +Vcc, -Vcc and GND holes on traces

Please look over it and verify the correctness of the circuit, and give me any advice as how I could improve the layout.

This is pretty much the final layout for the boards that I am going to have made.

As for making the boards, most likely, they will have 1 oz copper, silkscreen, and soldier mask.

I will keep all of you updated on the current board status. I am sending the files off to the board place tommorrow to get an estimate.

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu

Joined 2002
I put in for the quote today, and I made it for 2 oz copper and .093 thickness, which is thicker then the average board. This keeps the cost at $50 for two boards, including shipping. I will be making a list of people who e-mailed me and sending out more information to those people. If you still want in, e-mail me at: gte619j@prism.gatech.edu Once the order goes in, I will not be able to add more to the order. I will most likely put the order in tommorrow.

It will take two weeks to get the boards made.

EDIT: I quote includes silk screen and soldier mask for the board. The only other options I could have gotten were 4 oz copper and .125 board thickness, but that made the quote too much, and it really is not needed.

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.