Aleph 30 the best choice of C1 C2 C3 on brian gt PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
nothing wrong electrically with it , but physically you need to make it completely opposite

star gnd must be positioned exactly between C14 and C15 (for R channel) and exactly between C16 and C17 (for L channel)

besides that , you need to make a bridge with fat wire between these two points

it's much better having two bridges config - Papa explained reasons for that (avoiding any possibility that nonsymmetrical load induce buzz in windings) ....... and - if having two (per channel dedicated) C banks , then is best that each bank have own 2 bridges

that way one can have almost dual mono approach , without need for mentioned fat wire between two central grounds

Hi, guy

Here're my oldy but goody Aleph 30

Thanks
Anadigit

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My suggests - some years later ... sorry-)

Do NOT use channel-separated psus!!!!!!!!
Do not use thick wire, or copper-plates!!!!
Do not use mounts.
Do not crimp.
Do not use unlaqueured lace-wire.

Do use ca. 1,5 mm solid core. Not more!
How to bridge caps: 20 mF - 2 mF - 0,2 mF - and so on! The same types! One time per psu - an aleph has two, + and -, is okay.

Better - the same capacity as example: 10 x 2 mF or so, at ONE circuit,-!!!!!

Sometimes it is useful to try some points to set the "ground-star". As near as possible at amps and last caps I would try first.

And many/much more,-)

LG

Another way to set up dual mono in a stereo chassis
Notice the bridge rectifier independently isolating each channel psu ground from chassis ground.

PowerSupply.png

You can also do it with independent CL60 thermistors as seen around passdiy (and mentioned by ZM elsewhere)

1,2 kW not 1,2 kV...

Yes you are right i wa in hurry 1,2 kVA = kW i meant.

Figure 8 Shows a regulated supply. Dont know how you make it dual mono?

Try this: A pair of mono-amps, listen......

Sorry no time for experiments at the moment. I,m ultra happy if i get my Aleph 60 done this year.

The only reason i asked why not to use channel-separated psus is, i will do exactly that in my build.
And if your explanation would have been conclusive maybe i have changed my plans.

No problem to build mono-psus and to connect per wire than. Set an extra jack (with "two channels") per amp before you will finish.
But note (the/some) other suggests to get a homogen, clear working psu.-)
And think about: How to set many devices (in a pair Aleph 60 are, as example, 4 x 6 End-Transen parallel,-?) at ONE circuit,-! It IS! important,-!

LG

Last edited:
Why an Aleph 60? Do you want organize concerts or do you have unefficient speakers - 80 dB/W/m - or do you live in a hall?
May be, an Aleph 3 or Mini-Aleph is the better choice.
May be, an "Aleph-Zen" is the better choice: ONE psu, without different-amp in feedback.
Much more better: "Zen-XA".

What sort of speakers do you have? Multi-way? In big wooden cases?

LG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.