Aleph 30 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried that 'get it while it's up' line on a girl. Got a strange look in response. I guess it's all in the delivery.
Nelson,
Are the lawyers not going to give you dirty looks over this? Granted, the 30 is a smallish amp, but it can easily be scaled to any arbitrary wattage. It's a good proxy for the entire series. It may not be the keys to the kingdom, but it's the next best thing.

Grey

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I think that the lawyer might see a legal difference between schematics in the commercial web site and diy site. It might be a clear message saying that the schematic in diy site is provided only for diy hobbyists, not for commercial suppliers smelling rats.

Regards
jh

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I do not know what is the "one."

We are not stoopid . . . Here we have too many PCB guys involving in every popular Pass projects and competing ugly (through open advertisements). I feel tiredness with most of them living in diyAudio. Something is inside . . . ? Do they have kinda license for such activities in diyAudio . . . ? In this sense, I can not understand Nelson at all. :scratch:

Any can explain . . . ?

Regards
jh

I do not know what is the "one."
Well, I think its the J-fet input version of the ZenV4 that NP kindly made for our fellow diy'er Blues:) And yes I think it was in NP's folder all along;) JH and GL, you two guys are skilled enough to breadboard loads of stuff, we have seen that allright:) Not all of us are though, and a nice pcb comes in handy, sometimes:) The pcb's could ofcourse be misused for profit purposes now and then. But often enough they dont! Not by me, at least:)

Steen:)

Hi Steen,

Yes I agree with you too. I guess my point is that DIYers selling things and promoting kits and group buys to other DIYers should be doing it in one of the marketplace areas and not in the main forums such as PassLabs. It seems like this activity has been leaking into the PassLabs forum at an increasing rate over the past few months. I think JH is feeling like I am that the number of threads on this topic in the PassLabs forum has risen from the nuisance level to annoying.

As an example of doing it right, see how Grey Rollins moved his JFET group buy very quickly over into the group buy section. He no longer even talks about that topic in the main forum. I wish other promoters of PCB's and kits would follow his example.

I apologize if I am offending anyone. I don't intend to start a dialog on this topic. Enough said.

Graeme

This is all getting a little vague. Perhaps I am to blame.
When I said that I thought 'that one has been there all along' I was referring to the FORBLUES schematic, which I seem to recall having seen in the NP subdirectory ever since Nelson presented it here at DIY.
As far as people making circuit boards goes, I have mixed feelings about it. I can see both sides of the matter. A great deal can be said about this, but in the end I feel that it's best decided on a case-by-case basis.
To the extent that Nelson's patents or ideas are involved, it's his decision that counts. Not yours, mine, or anyone else's. I have always tried to acknowledge in my threads (e.g. Mini-A, Aleph-X, etc.) when I have used Nelson's ideas. John Curl, for instance, has a more secretive approach to these things--that's his right, and I support his decision. Nelson has been brave, generous, or perhaps foolish enough to share his ideas. I would be the first to admit that I have benefitted from his willingness to share his schematics. To the extent that the information is available, then I say thanks and try to learn from it. If he finds it necessary to close the door, then I will understand and support that decision.
Given that my stories are being stolen in Russia this very moment without permission or payment, I can understand that there are people who don't play fair. If there truly was justice in the world, a lightning bolt would smite the bad guys, but that never seems to happen. You just have to do the best you can under adverse circumstances.

Grey

I apologize if I am offending anyone.
I dont think you are offending anyone, whomsoever:) What you say is all sound and fair, indeed:)
Perhaps I am to blame.
Again, I dont think so:) People not knowing what you were reffering to, didnt kow about it, simple enough:)
Regarding the pcb's, I still think its fair to do the development in the appropiate forum. Thats where you can get the right input to get the work done properly! I dont applaud, if the purpose is to make money ofcourse. If the result is offered to the members here at DIYaudio at next to no profit, I think it is a fair case. We all benefit from that:) I felt this discussion comming for a while now! My suggestion is to put a maximum on every order! Well to make an excample, I just ordered 3 of PD's A-30 stereo boards! Two of them are handed over to 2 other Danish diy'ers that were not able to order for them selves, the last one I kept for myself;) Ofcourse if one person orders 50 sets, you might lift an eyebrow, so to speak;)
In the case of NP's work, he ofcourse has the final word. As far as I know, every groupbuy done in the Passlabs forum, had his permission till now. Its on purpose I said every GB done so far. Whatever, as long as PassDIY is up and running, I will have my hands full:cool:

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nelson Pass said:

The way PassDIY is set up now, there are no sales, and therefore
no maintenance. We just post articles and people's projects
and life is easy.

:cool:

I think that Steen meant on Pass forum on Diyaudio;

on topic : one hell of example,even if not in Pass corner here-but in Solid State corner is last action of Mark Gulbrandsen ; he managed another group buy of few dozens KSA50 pcbs,with all cash intended for Diyaudio donation.........

it's hard to see sometimes (catch every post in every thread),but I think that all group buys in Pass corner are non-profit,at least in last few months ;

last questionable situation was with KKs activities;
If I'm not wrong,he still make pcbs for several Pass's products.
mebbe is worth to see are schematics still on his site?

gundj gundj (that is Serbian for grumble grumble)

google
google (Serbian for searching....)

here:

http://www.kk-pcb.com/

hehe

even pcbs and schmtc for Mini A

I don't wanna be spy or snitch in any way,but -that's real example of making money with DIY stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.