Aleph 30 - fuse blowing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks to everybody for opinions, suggestions a nd advices. With regard to Peter Daniel opinion: for my amp I used schematic received from one of diy member with 4 A SB fuses at the secondary. But I will follow your suggestion and remove them this evening to prevent my speaker's woofers from damaging. For my project I simply followed advices given in this forum, my example also shows that no practical experience in electronics is needed to build such amps and enyoy their performance (this is my first project)

For the top I used parts from RITTAL automatic control cabinets (German made) - answer for Dennis Hui question.

Looking at your figures, you give the voltage across the lo ohm power resistors in each o/p stage. You don't give the DC offset voltage present at the LS terminals. BY the time you get this email you would probably have all up and running.

It should be less than 10mV. Most solid state amps in good nick register 1-5mV. If it is greater than 10mV, then the LS cone will start to offset and that could indicate trouble ahead.

Using a fuse in the speaker o/p is a contentious issue. For solid state I use one because fast ones can protect......you may regret not fitting one, if the signal earth comes adrift and the amplifier B/W blasts into the RF spectrum. You won't hear that bit.

):rich

I have used my amp since 2002 and I'm pleased with it but now I think about resistors replacing I mean 3W metal film for some better ones (now I have some probobly Chinese made MF 5% matched) I saw some on www.intertechnik.de metal film 6W for 3.80 EUR per piece. I don't know whether I should expect considerable sound improvement and whether it is worth to invest to. Thank you for your opinions and advices.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.