Aleph 3 Heat sink capability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Peter!

The Aleph 3 also uses U shaped channels to couple the transistors to the heatsinks in a very simular manner. The TO-3 outputs are soldered and screwed to the output and current source boards and to these U channels. The top and bottom panels are also screwed to the U channels. The transformer and power supply board are bolted to the bottom panel. It is all very sturdy and the top and bottom panels act as heat sinks also. Great pics.

H.H.

The front end board was mounted through heat sinks to top cover. The top cover had 2 holes for trimpot adjustment. Also very clever. Somehow it seems that the version presented in service manual is somewhat diferrent with less output devices and probably differernt config. Also too bad that American magazines don't publish pictures like that.
That amp was my inspiration for A75 monoblocks. It also uses 24 output devices.;)

Attachments

• al3.jpg
    al3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 397
Heat sink sources in Canada

JasonL said:
That gold heat sink where would yuo get them from i want one for my project i would like to one per side what is a good place to get them BUT near canada i dont want to like pay million dollars for shipping ?

Jason

Jason,

What part of Canada do you live in? There are some really good surplus outlets in the Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto area, where with a little bit of patience, you can find just about anything you need.

these came out of my 2nd inkel amp that i had from dj'ing i fixed one but the other was for parts had a thermal problem the sencers didnt turn on the fans and cooked all teh out puts and there is like 10 per channel @ 23.00 each so i just used some parts and got it going now it is for sale hehe

1500 watts briged amp with balanced inputs professinal dj amp

hehe

Attachments

• epsn0003.jpg
    epsn0003.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 317
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.