aleph 2 questions (beginner)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
promitheus said:

Peter do you think that a cordless drill-screwdriver is easier ?
I made already one heatsink and broke one tap in 20 holes. My hand slipped while I was using the hand tapper tool and snap !
The problem was that I was pressing downwards but my hand slipped to one side breaking the tool.

Do you do this everyday in your job ?

Cordless drill is the best way to tap the holes. I do it everyday at home on my projects. I have 6 active projects at the moment.;)

6-32 is in inches.

Peter,

not so sure about the tapping with drill, would feel more comfortable doing it by hand I think. Maybe I'll try on a spare piece of sink I got first and practice it before I do it on my chassis.

Got these really nice sinks from Plinius and think it should look nice when im finished, as long as im patient and do it right.
The sinks are really nice, they interlock and have little channels to put a screw head in. The thread sticks out and can bolt it to metal rails to hold it all together(if that makes sense). I was really hoping to get some of their sexy SA250 sinks, but none on offer.
Cool factory, there was rack full of SA250s in various stages of construction, couldnt keep my eyes of them.
Plinius is really saught after here in New Zealand, think bang for buck you cant do much better. European, USA and Canadian kit is way more expensive here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.