Aleph 2 Power resistors = V2/R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Source/emitter resistors

Just some surplus stuff I found. VHP-3 0R2500 2%

Attachments

• vhp-3.jpg
    vhp-3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 429
Vishay source resistors

Aleph 3 with Vishay VHP-3 0.5 ohm 1% foil resistors. These are over $50 each when new. I doubt anyone stocks them and they are a custom order. Found in surplus store. I would imagine us taxpayers paid for these things when bought the first time. You don't even want to know what they sound like! I had to mount them behind mosfets.

http://www.vishay.com/document/63005/63005.pdf

Innards

I have upgraded most all the passives. The feedback loop cap C101 was orgionally a Panasonic 220uF SU type I think. I would try a Panasonic FC type for better sound but still reasonable price. I use a Rubicon Black Gate in this part of the circuit. The Sanyo Oscons would also be a good choice. I have some of them as decoupling caps in the modified Aleph 3. They are the purple ones in the picture. The Aleph are simple and very good designs and respond to the best parts you can put in them. I find that the feeback resistors and any caps are the most important place to start.

H.H.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.