Aleph 2 photo shoot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Really nice job!! Looks more like a work of art than an amplifier. How come no blue LED? WOW! Those xformers were expensive...who made them and why so high?

The gray color looks great but when you have anodizing done its a good idea to know what alloy it really is. That somewhat determines how long the it will stay in the anodize soup. It is possible to make any alloy almost complelely black though but it can take quite a while in the bath to acheive that. When doing this sort of high quality work you might want to consider having a Hard Coat Anodize instead of a plain anodize as the Hard Coat process holds up beter and is far more fade resistant as well. Even the best of the regular Black Anodize coatings will eventually fade to either a washed out black look or to a purple black sort of a look. Hard coat typically does not do that. I always liked a gray case with black sinks.

Mark

Luke said:

Im a bit in doubt about these too because of efficency. I would like a speaker that I can use with any amp. Is ineficency like this common with all TL speakers do you know?
Good luck with your driver selection. If you come up with a nice combo let me know:)

No, the low efficiency isn't due to the TL. The driver used is 87 or 88dB efficient. And after bafle step compensation, you lose some 3dB. That's quite common for 2 ways with 6 1/2" midbasses. I'm still looking for an efficient 6 1/2" driver for my project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.