Aleph 1000 design stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those tdk lambda power supplies are sweet, 35mv ripple! But 6700 a pop for the 10kw is kinda over the top. The 2u series would have been perfect if I could live with 150+-. Conventional single phase here is not practical.

I actually got to talk to the father in law yesterday, after I called the power company asking about 3 phase. He asked "how many wires are there on the top of the pole, the ones with insulators?" I said 1. He then said find out where there is 3, and that is where they would have to start wiring from. OMG! 2 miles! Can't wait untill the met ed guy calls with a quote, that ought to be interesting... Sir that 10kw 3 phase line is going to cost you 1.5 million, will that be credit or certified check?

I know people who have 3ph. at their own company, but here it would have to be generator or windmill, havent got the right plug yet to go into the avitar. So, heatsink problem eliminated, power supply torroid style 3ph 2-3K custom. Tdk style 13.5k. I think I'll take the 3ph custom (thanks rodeodave!). Now it's just the 50 pound amp. Ampzilla of the 21st century!

I do hope one day Mr Pass gets to hear an sit-1/250, if I had the parts I would make it for him and I would buy the garden hose. And that application could use the 2u genysys which is cheaper, and they have the variable fans. That whole amp could be carried with the power supplies by 1 person, heck I want to hear it too! Smile

$6700 pr PSU? well. and you need 2 pr ch. they are only single voltage supply's. you will need 2 of those supply pr ch to get +/- voltage. so 4*6700= $26.800. and thats only the PSU's:) what a waist of monye.

My pleasure.

(just think, your residential arrangement would cost a million bucks here)

We bought this 1.5 acre place for $189k back in 2002. I love it here, 2 ft tall woodpeckers, 10 to 15 deer a day you can almost pet. The bear scared my cat to hell.... My wife, did what she could and I love her for it, there is work to do, ttyl and thanks... GLORY My aleph is at input 195w input, and rocking the RF-7 s. Im afraid to turn on another coupler of kw of svs... Wifey doesnt like that, neither does the house.... If you ever want a vacay, your welcome to stay here for free..

Last edited:
$6700 pr PSU? well. and you need 2 pr ch. they are only single voltage supply's. you will need 2 of those supply pr ch to get +/- voltage. so 4*6700= $26.800. and thats only the PSU's:) what a waist of monye.

No you only need 2. I don't need 30kw... Besides the custom 3ph torroids and caps are relatively cheap, I did my homework... :) GAME OVER coming soon. Of course wifey is leaving soon, there goes the nails in the house.... Thank god the skylights are busted already, I hope the paint on the door doesn't weld itself together, so I don't have to kick the door open, I've done it more than 1x

Last edited:
No you only need 2. I don't need 30kw... Besides the custom 3ph torroids and caps are relatively cheap, I did my homework... :) GAME OVER coming soon. Of course wifey is leaving soon, there goes the nails in the house.... Thank god the skylights are busted already

and how are you going to get +/-80V out of a single +80V supply? Magic?
you will need 2 of this supply's to form a +/- voltage supply.
and huge torroids and monster 80-100V caps are never cheap.

and how are you going to get +/-80V out of a single +80V supply? Magic?
you will need 2 of this supply's to form a +/- voltage supply.
and huge torroids and monster 80-100V caps are never cheap.
no there 200v at 50a ea What caps? No need... Even with the 3ph torroids, not many caps... I guess you don't read a lot, there is no need for anything but the tdk's. They take care of everything, worry about the amp... Sure 2 3u's cost 13k+ but they can run anything you ever had a wet dream about...

I can't see straight again....

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
AudioSan is right, those supplies look like single rail, you could build a gigantic ZEN with that. Technically you can convert single supply to dual supply, but I don't think it would work for this application.

ps. the Aleph requires a dual supply. You would need two per channel to create positive/negative and gnd. With one, you just have postive/gnd.

Attachments

• power supply.JPG
    power supply.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
AudioSan is right, those supplies look like single rail, you could build a gigantic ZEN with that. Technically you can convert single supply to dual supply, but I don't think it would work for this application.

ps. the Aleph requires a dual supply.

You lost me, I talked with tdk yesterday, 2 in series are the rails, and theyre variable... KLUNK, Really? I spent 1 hr with them.... They can do ANYTHING, A set-1/250 and this amp in 1 shot, and anything you can imagine....... How much are you guys gonna spend on donuts and caps, and heatsinks? This is 2013, we can do it... GAWWWD Wake up More coffee, and more intelligence...

Last edited:
genysys

dual supply:

They have no duals, the 2u can do 5.1kw each,,,, This is lab stuff. You can daisy chain a whole lot of them to go to prob. 100kw... Wake up audio.... Like I said I talked with the rep for over an hour... I knew the questions. 35 mv ripple, variable rails, to power anything you can dream of... Period. GAME OVER WORLD You guys think too much, get folgers, seriously. What happened here is people think the "norm", this is 2013... Gawwwd I can't see straight,..... Dream and ROCK ON, aleph 1000 will be a ledgend

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If you can connect two of them to create a dual polarity supply, then that should be enough to power both channels. Or were you going to use one of those per channel?....if that's the case, it will not work. You need to clarify....enough of the 'yay ra ra stuff'

If you can connect two of them to create a dual polarity supply, then that should be enough to power both channels. Or were you going to use one of those per channel?....if that's the case, it will not work. You need to clarify....enough of the 'yay ra ra stuff'

Yes, gawd, it will run both sides. Im just real tired... I can't explain what it is like to put 2 aa batteries together to the experts. Nite

I'm sorry

I guess I just got frustrated. I'm just a dumb auto tech, but anyone who knows amps, should know rails. Again I am sorry.

The world changes, over 2 years of iron bars, I come home and in a folgers woodstock moment, near death experience, I realized what has been in our faces for sometime. The "master", the "one and only" would share and I will too. Nothing in life is cheap, but now you can live your dreams, with 3phase and a garden hose and D6... Build those zen 1,000,000's but please leave my aleph 1000 alone for now. Nothing you build that is ccs, can be sold. But you can have some "glory". The smiles on your faces will be priceless, and know I love you all like brothers.

Liquid Cooling - Heat Sinks - Cold Plates
TDK-Lambda, Programmable, DC, High Voltage Power Supplies. Programmable Power Supply Manufacturer.
Flexable Hose – The Incredible Expanding Green Hose – As Seen on TV

The world will never be the same... Ok, guys, what are you waiting for? Show the world that we are bad asz amp buiders!!!!!!!!!!!! At least it is relatively cheap.... Compared to what I see in stereophile magazines... The world will never be the same, axis is tilting... 9.9 magnitude earthquake, no joke!

Last edited:
Quicky estimate : 8 forced convection 5''x10''x12'' duct heatsinks, and 16 times a 115cfm fan at 16.5ft/s air speed.
~ 53dB for a single fan, plus 12dB added for the stack of 16, makes 65dB.
Has the bonus of not requiring an amp at all :clown:

(or two liquid heat plates, and 1000ft of hose, Mr Perry has a neighbor with lots of water at 150 yards distance)

Robert is just in need of a bit of talk, and daydreaming is free.
What better place than here.
You're a great guy, you saved my life, literally, live the dream! Let's show the world we are for real, I think I want a gold diy shirt....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.