Aleph 1.2 questions (soon done)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jasonlky said:
Zen Mod,

Thanks for the confirmation. This should go into some kind of Dos and Don'ts list!! Although I understood the principle, I just could not pur 1 and 1 together.....

Folkeb, I assume that this bolt plas a structural purpose in holding the lower plate in place. As such you'd need to insulate the bolt or search for a non conductive bolt, plastice maybe from your local hardware shop.

plastic bolts are weak
just insulators
they exists sometimes in the past :devilr:
,for same purposes-bakelite or sorta washers and tubes as isolators (anyone here old enough to remember old-small and big -selenium rectifiers?
anyone crazy enough to dismantle one?)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jasonlky said:
Think of it this way, the primary windings induce a flow of electricity in the secondary windings of the transformers.... so why not the bolt - lower plate - other bolt - upper plate's closed circuit!

short turn is short turn-it doesn't' matter from what is constructed:from Cu piece of wire or from few bolts and few tin pieces bolted together

Zen Mod said:

they will not handle pressure and normal heat which you'll have from diode bridges,xformers and power resistors
don't do this,or you'll be again here asking for some other idea
:devilr:

I guess the longer term solution would be to use the bolts together with silicon/plastic/rubber washers. Check that there is no continuity between the upper and lower plates using your multimeter.

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Zen Mod said:
just let it flow......
then it will be easy
:yinyang:

Confused. :smash:

The arrows (flow?) facing each other in different direction.
+- = 0 ?

Attachments

• current direction.jpg
    current direction.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 243
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babowana said:
Hmm. . .
Upwards current thru one bolt and
downwards current thru another bolt. . .?
The two transfomers are arranged (connected)
to have opposite-direction current. . .?

Pls save me. . .:devilr:

Papa is better teacher than me;

even in simple cases as this is........not to mention cases where I don't have a clue at all...........
forget two xformers-look at just one for moment,then realize what is happening,then realize that each xformer is in his own trouble

say- one rope for two necks ;)

or :devilr:

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Children do not fight. . .
Papa does not care. . .

Good enuf with your explanation, Zen :)

By the way,
just to kill my curiousity, I d like to give a question to Folkeb
whether transformers are connected to the 220V as shown in
FIG1 or FIG2.
Folkeb is on vacation for two weeks of Norwegian summer.
After returning back, sure he could confirm this. Hehe. . .

Attachments

• transf.jpg
    transf.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 335
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babowana said:
Children do not fight. . .
Papa does not care. . .

Good enuf with your explanation, Zen :)

By the way,
just to kill my curiousity, I d like to give a question to Folkeb
whether transformers are connected to the 220V as shown in
FIG1 or FIG2.
Folkeb is on vacation for two weeks of Norwegian summer.
After returning back, sure he could confirm this. Hehe. . .

dunno-your line of thinking came also to my mind-does anti-phase connecting of two xformers have influence on induced current through short circuit loop ,in this case?
I presume that can be measured,but I'm not so sure that folkeb is willing to try this for us .......
:devilr:

Hi guys!

The amps are more or less finished and playing in my system, and it is very good to have got to this stage of the project - the listening part. They have a very nice sound, and really improve the experience. However, it is a real mismatch with my minimax preamp and the alephs. It didn't help that I fried my nearly finished aleph P preamp under cosmetic alterations. This means that the only test setup I have is a realtek 97 soundcard connected directly into the alephs - and what a sound.

I'll post more later on today
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.