• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aksa Lender P-mos Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Class A Amp GB

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Good to hear :) definitely with insulators! PM send.

This will probably be my last diy-effort, tired of building everything on bedrooms floor. But I'll put my last efforts on this frame, will there be Alpha20 or B.B., let's see :)

Your unique building environment will allow you to remember all your wonderful builds. I say don't stop, get one of those Ikea chairs to keep your back pain to a minimum from sitting on the floor and continue building :D

That’s one reason I build speakers out of foam core. I don’t have a workshop for wood work. But electronics building is easier and cleaner. Wooden speaker boxes go out to a cabinet maker who can do a much better job than me.

Same here, I would love to work with wood but I can not I live in an apartment. So even if I feel OK healthwise I cannot start cutting, sending and banging. Still, somehow I must finish my 3-way speakers project similar to Danny's 3-way design.
Of course without those (high quality) expensive tweeters.:) I like to build speakers even more than amps especially to tune them. :eek:

That’s one reason I build speakers out of foam core. I don’t have a workshop for wood work. But electronics building is easier and cleaner. Wooden speaker boxes go out to a cabinet maker who can do a much better job than me.

Thats wise, but also costs extra money.

Got your invoice and paid, thanks X!

Your unique building environment will allow you to remember all your wonderful builds. I say don't stop, get one of those Ikea chairs to keep your back pain to a minimum from sitting on the floor and continue building :D

Haha, I tried that :D my girlfriend took over that table and bench just to transform it as a nail studio!

pinnocchio,

The Alpha 20 is a relatively simple build, specially for an experienced builder like yourself. AFAIK you have quite a few amps, and I would hazard a guess that multiple would be running on +/- 24V power supplies? You might be able to swap the boards out and give it a quick spin if you want to. Well, in case of a fresh build, how much time you spend in perfecting the wiring and chassis work (we have see your build pictures, they tend to be flawless) is up to you. :)

But all things said, the ATS-4 will not object to the extra wattage of the BB.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Pinnocchio,
Zman has a point, if you make the Alpha 20, it is a relatively simple thing to install it in a swap with another 24v rail Class A. Especially if you already have a UMS heatsink case. You will be able to compare sound quality to other 20w-25w Class A amps you have like your favored USSA5? If on the other hand you go for BB, it is different enough that just the PSU and the cooling system will be different enough that you have to spend more time on them before getting sound. The ATS-4 probably is about 87.5dB sensitive, which is darn good for a big 4-way. It will be quite happy with the Alpha 20. But if you wanted massive sound, the 52w BB will be more suited. Pure Class A at 52w for some reason sounds more like a 100w Class AB.

ATS-4 measurement:
red_v10-0-10-20-30-40.gif

Very impressive speaker you have there! :worship:
ats4-3-large.jpg

You use the Bose to widen image :) Nice speakers, the white ones.

LOL! The Bose are my suicide speakers for testing and also for home theater use and I'm surprised I have not yet destroyed them with everything that hit them, they're indestructible those Bose! The white ones are the ATS-4. Thanks!

Those are great looking speakers Pinnocchio!

Thanks X!

Yep, left side is for the woofer, right side mid and tweeter.
It's not so complex, it looks like it because of the spaghetti of wires and plenty of unused coils/caps for trial :)
Woofer: 2nd order + LCR 50Hz, Mid: 2x 2nd order, Ribbon: 3rd order
Still manageable :)
Those motor run caps are Siemens MKV and Icar ecofill

Attachments

• IMG_1032s.jpg
    IMG_1032s.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1031s.jpg
    IMG_1031s.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited: