Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I at work, some of as have to. Other obligations too. I merely gave you money for your enthusiasm.
You haven't shown any voltages and you want mine, I seen this kind of action before , and pics for a none functional circuit. I won't contribute pics. As much as you have not just pics here and there but not one shows any evidence that you are measuring this circuit.
To be clear ones again
NOT ONE OF YOUR PICS SHOWN THERE'S NO EVIDENCE YOUR MEASURING THIS PCB.

1 built as you shown the fafafaa.

I use esd matt with fets just a tip for free and please ground yourself.

I can't publish copyrighted material so contact Jake Rothman at everyday practical electronics and discuss this further as he published 10nf1k bye.
boss will be mad at me for typing at work.

Yes, and NASA never went to the moon either, as we have no evidence of it except photos of astronauts on the surface.

Last edited:
OK let's Tonza figure out what he will reveal and move on.... too much to get on with amp subjectives to crash this thread.

JEAN-PAUL thanks for asking I'm fine and sitting in a restaurant in Melb city with my wife and family about to order some Peking Duck.

Can I ask if readers here like the amended rating system? Any further suggestions?

HD

Guys, we do not need these type of behavior here, even when we are frustrated about things when we are so after to succeed and does not happening it not worth to hurt others feelings. Peoples, friends relations are gifts what we can NOT replace with anything!
I understand tonza75 frustration, please give him some space, turning on him does not resolve anything either. There are several (finished) working amps running without any issue that is a good motivation not to give in, to be patient.
With respect and communication, we can go farther and achieve much more. In one word I call for peace and forgiveness...please.:)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Hugh, Hi X,
only saying hello, how are you?
Sending from working!
JP

Thanks for asking JP,
We are well here and having fun building and testing Alpha (except for some people). We are waiting for Alpha BB v3 boards to come in sooon. How are you doing and is your tour of duty on the coast of France coming to an end soon?
Cheers,
X

I used MKP10 in other projects , it’s quite neutral imo, hopefully i will finish this up this weekend.
Sorry for disturbing the thread, as Im a man who can admit mistakes. No excuses 2 resistors where mixed.
1k 680R.
That should not happen but it did I will report my findings on sunday, I need one day off time. Too much work lately I'll hope you understand.
So Mr. Xr and AKSA I apologize for the this behavior of mine .
Bye for now.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sorry for disturbing the thread, as Im a man who can admit mistakes. No excuses 2 resistors where mixed.
1k 680R.
That should not happen but it did I will report my findings on sunday, I need one day off time. Too much work lately I'll hope you understand.
So Mr. Xr and AKSA I apologize for the this behavior of mine .
Bye for now.

Thanks for letting us know Tonza, hope it works now. Resistor mixup is probably the number one source of amps not working the first time. Cold solder joints is the second I think.

Good luck with first sound.
X

Thanks for letting us know Tonza, hope it works now. Resistor mixup is probably the number one source of amps not working the first time. Cold solder joints is the second I think.

X
Cold solder second hmmm. Yes in consumet equipment over time.
It's common but not really in a new solder. You can use older methods or flir, digital microscopic cameras come cheap nowadays. If you need to.
Girlfriend deserves more time than this over & out.

X[/QUOTE]

First sound, well as you mention this I liked to listen Pekka kuusisto play at school , he got talent even if we where kids back then much much better than me.
Pekka or Jaakko I could get in touch with if the sound is as good as you say. Yes I personally know them both. As you disrespect me I think we will discuss something else than first sound and your amp.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
As you disrespect me I think we will discuss something else than first sound and your amp.

This is just too much. I wished you good luck after you found your problem, after having accused me of faking my results and measurements on this amp. I was going to let it go but now you say I disrespected you so we won’t discuss first sound?

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has this conversation got confusing?

I have a little question about wiring psu: one trafo, two (6x22000uF CRC x 2pcs) banks. Should I just wire them together and feed both channels (12x22000uF CRCCRC or something like that?) with one capacitor bank? Silence before channel separation.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Is it just me, or has this conversation got confusing?

I have a little question about wiring psu: one trafo, two (6x22000uF CRC x 2pcs) banks. Should I just wire them together and feed both channels (12x22000uF CRCCRC or something like that?) with one capacitor bank? Silence before channel separation.

It would be good to have two separate banks so that you get better stereo separation. If the same capacitor bank was tied at a common point to both channels, dynamic changes on one, would have some crosstalk onto the other. One option is to have a CRC-split into 2-RC's in a Y. So a larger 1st bank does filtering for both but the split Y (dual RC banks provide some isolation) for better stereo imaging.

The F6 Stereo PSU is like this and is what I use.

This is just too much. I wished you good luck after you found your problem, after having accused me of faking my results and measurements on this amp. I was going to let it go but now you say I disrespected you so we won’t discuss first sound?

If someone does not appreciate all you guys hard work and an amazing free design, i would say let’s just move on. I respect X, Hugh and JP, they just do this out of passion, Some just don’t understand all the hard work behind this.

Last edited:
Syntax error. English is not my native language. Ok so a misunderstanding. As aksa said not easy to find fault, he he. Well I usully all ways measure values of components. I had a accident a cheap tester fell on floor display destroyed. As I took 30min solder test approach when I was interrupted again & again, I did not measure all values of resistors, q values of caps, transistor where measured before. Really Hugh difficult no try a qsc PA amp.or a cheap d class amplifier power supply get the timing right with obsolete fets use vishay as replacement a couple is not enough. vhf amps not as simple. Do you remeber the older modems with thousand jumpers. I type as a go makes me more human I think. If tech. Spec measuments and math is only interest I can type that way in next posts.

Cold solder second hmmm. Yes in consumet equipment over time.
It's common but not really in a new solder.
A bad weld can happen, it happened to a person recently who had three circuits out of four that worked well and for the fourth it took time to find that it was a bad weld.

As you disrespect me I think we will discuss something else than first sound and your amp.
A misunderstanding on your part because X did not disrespect you.

A bad weld can happen, it happened to a person recently who had three circuits out of four that worked well and for the fourth it took time to find that it was a bad weld.
/QUOTE]

Thats true I remeber the time I was at Nokia assembly line that's why there are test points of circuit. In diy it can happen even if you cleaned all well, with care iron clean. In industry there are many different solder types.
As EU banned Pb more temperature needed usully.