AKSA amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andy,

Thank you ever so much for that warning. Heretofore, I had assumed 'sparkie' was a Fellow of the AES. Now, I am amazed to find that he is simply an enthusiastic customer. If it had not been for your warning, I would never have guessed.

I've allways found your schematics quite interesting and creative. I do wish you would post them more often, as you seem to be participating less, save for the important warnings. I found your posts of yore to be quite simulating.

Regards,
Paul

Resistance in series with the audio signal, into the output, kills bass

he difference into the audio reproduction is very clear.

I think if we do not have many output transistors to equalize power we do not need them.

The positive effect, using emitter resistance, sounds less important than the huge power and deep bass you may loose because of the emitter resistances...my personnal opinion, of course.

Sometimes people uses emitter resistance to develop voltage that gonna be used into E/I limiters..well.... this way you have to use them.

Aksa uses 0.47 ohms emitter resistances..i have removed and substitute them by wire jumpers and i felt sound more deep and more present into the low deep bass.

But those things, those tips, all together makes the 55 an awsome amplifier...it sounds ballanced, not too much basses or treble..sounds flat and wonderfull...removing the emitter resistance it starts to be different, and producing other modifications you can make it even boomy.

I have tried many things into the Aksa, but really could not make it better.

The ones that have Aksa.... and also other amplifiers, always feel good when stop to listen others and switch to the old friend.... the 55.

regards,

Carlos

....................................................................................................

In 2004 i have made my first 55..... the amplifier i was using was JLH, the 1969 schematic... all friends saying it was the best i have made...till they listen the 55... that day i have dismounted the JLH amplifier...absolutelly no chance to the JLH, listening both at 5 watts peak, the 55 smashed sending shame to the JLH circuit.

Was dismounted to provide the JLH circuit a decent death..better to be dismounted than live in a shame!

Friends listening said:

Hey!>.please.... stop playing that thing...let the Aksa play!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.