• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

So here's my test setup for this very nice AK4490 DAC

2015-06-10%25252008.50.42.jpg

Using AMB Sigma 22 Rev2.0 for +/-15Vdc and Sigma 11 for +5.5Vdc. I plan on using R-Core transformers and DH-Labs silver interconnects when finalized. RCAs will be copper with Rhodium plating.

Here's where I will write the review on the DAC once all listening tests are complete for the write up!

Mirand Audio AK4490 DAC DSD

I've already played some 24/352 and DSD 64/128 from mi Pi 2 to test and quickly in 10 minutes I can tell it sems to be a really good DAC.

I will update my thread on the forum so stay tuned!

Thanks
Do

Last edited:
Mirand Audio USB DAC arrived safely :)

THANKS Sonny. Your dac arrived safely at my doorstep this morning. Packing was super and the Hammond box actually looks really nice. Listening has to wait :( Got muscle cramps unpacking my jewel and had to go back to bed... Thanks again :)

Last edited:
I have using the dac about 50 hours now and think it sounds promising good.I use now a Meanwell MW RT-65C as a power supply,but plan to try a toroidal transformer with the TPS7A4700 regulator power boards.

:up: I would love to hear what you think in detail.

Would you mind sharing it with the rest of us? ;) All the best, Per

I2C is the bus used to communicate between peripherial invented by philips.

It is used between temperature sensors, accelerometers, DAC, ADC and so on.

But it is not the same as I2S. But I2C is used to set parameters in DACS and ADC, or in industrial DAC and ADC to read conversion.

Regarding front panel:

I am testing the remote tomorrow. If this works in the software, i will lay out the display the front panel.

BR

Sonny