AK4399 123dB 32Bit DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This Japanese AK4399 DAC specification looks very attractive! it's better than AD1955 and PCM1794,
I always try to find this chip but it's over USD30 in digikey/ebay:mad:
finally there are cheap stock now,
according to octopart, verical and nuhorizons has it only for USD9:D

new toy is coming:cool:

Attachments

• $T2eC16h,!yUE9s6NGYQ(BQ!yJzNDUQ~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16h,!yUE9s6NGYQ(BQ!yJzNDUQ~~60_1.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 902
Minimum Order Fee: Your subtotal must be greater than $100 USD. A minimum order surcharge of $89.9400 will be added to your order to meet this minimum requirement.

yes they do, got this after adding one piece to the cart, now I presume I could fill the order with a number of different parts, so its not a huge deal, easy enough for us to GB enough to cover that if need be

BTW, I do not see what makes this part better than PCM1794A or AD1955 other than it can accept 32-bit words and requires no external I/V converter. It still has slightly worse THD than both, and DNR slightly worse than PCM1794A.

I am also rather confused on why anyone is making a part with a 5V digital supply anymore.

Have to agree - the DS is missing a lot of what I would consider vital information - like the response plots of the digital filters. They have a potentially interesting short delay filter but without knowing what compromises this brings, is anyone going to be tempted to use it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.