Aiwa P80 circuit diagram

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...and a year and a half later

I stumbled across this post via Google.

To make a long story short, I have a P80 that doesn't work. I had one that worked, but it walked on me so I got this one through Ebay and I can't get any sound out of it. This site seems to have the most amount of people that know what a P80 even is so I thought I'd run this by you guys:

The unit powers up (green Power LED). When connected to an audio source and speakers, the wattage LEDs do not move, nor does any sound come out of the speakers. I've tried through the A and B sections of the unit, toggling the correct switches up front. I don't get sound out of the Phones jack up front either which leads me to believe that something's wrong with how the unit handles the signal. I have no reason to believe that the amplifier portion of the amp would even work, but I have a feeling that it would if the signal was getting through. It's just a hunch.

It looks like the Phones jack comes off the main board on the bottom, which is a little discouraging. I was hoping that the problem would be resritcted to maybe that small board in the back near the I/O area.

Based on the little bit I've told you, what do you think my best option is? Is there a common problem with these amps that I should look into?

Anyway, I'm going to go write my memo for school and keep my fingers crossed that people haven't forgotten this nice little amp. I shouldn't even be tinkering with it, but I can't stand looking at it just sitting there when it could be powering some nice little speakers.

Thanks for any help you could give me.

Today, I removed the heatsink from one side of the amp. It doesn't appear that the output module is discolored in any way. That's a good indication, right?

Also, I noticed that when I turn on the unit, the lights in my room dim ever so slightly. That leads me to believe that this thing is actually powering up and not just lighting up the indicator LED.

Now if only I could get to the bottom of what seems to be a signal issue. It looks like the wires from the RCA plugs are connected. Ugh! What's next?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.