Ain't it great livin' in Texas!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The amazing thing is that if you ask the America public, a very large percentage of them actually believe the world is with the US on Iraq and that our government is respected in the world.

Amazing.

The lack of awareness in America would be amusing, except for seriousness of the damaging impact on American brands, ability to affect world events etc. Then it is kind of depressing.

Housing bubble about to burst, excessively large credit burden, low investment by industry (recent years profit gain was mostly distributed to investors and not reinvested). Interest rates on the increase. Design and manufacturing being wound down and outsourced. Social Security funding issues being swept under the rug, meaning that baby boomer benefits will be minimal or means tested. And no responsible fiscal policy on the horizon. The Vice President actually stated empatically that Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. !?!

The next 5-10 year growth will be slow in the US with rising prices squeezing the consumer as Americans work off the housing price bubble. Probably the same slow growth after that as China unlinks it's peg to the dollar, removing the current artificial ease that the US has to sell low interest Treasury bills.

Land of the gullible electorate.

Any of the needed changes of personal, direction or methods seem unlikely. I certainly haven't seen much evidence of honest assessment in the administration. Certainly some of the main people running the place are an arrogant lot and tend to explain away failures than address them. (Cheney, Rumsfeild)

I personally do not find the "I drove us into a brick wall but I did not blink. Let me do it some more." argument to be particularly persuasive but apparently a goodly number did.

The Americans will deserve what they voted for.

Still, 48% will have a clear conscience. 52% will be in denial.

There is a pretty good argument that economic growth in Europe could be quite good in the 2-8 year time frame.

Since consumer finances are in much better shape and because the consumer credit availability and promotion will likely increase, consumer spending will likely drive an expansion of the economy.

There is room for this to happen given the higher savings rate and more conservative personal finances.

Productivity gains from greater use of computers coupled with a potential shift where China invests in both the Euro and the Dollar give strong tailwinds to the European economies over the next 10 years.

moving_electron said:
There is a pretty good argument that economic growth in Europe could be quite good in the 2-8 year time frame.

Since consumer finances are in much better shape and because the consumer credit availability and promotion will likely increase, consumer spending will likely drive an expansion of the economy.

There is room for this to happen given the higher savings rate and more conservative personal finances.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I recently saw a report from Germany on possible reasons why the economy has been in the Doldrums for so long.
A number of manufacturers were interviewed and all said they were more efficient than ever and exporting more than ever but couldn't sell a thing at home. It seems that the German employee faced with the prospect of less secure employment simply stops spending. One particular family interviewed had enough in savings to survive out of work for at least a year.

Living under tyranny, eh???

Well, if is that terrrible, you can hop in your car, drive north, and live under their tyranny instead. If you leave now, you can make it in time for happy hour. I have friends up that who would welcome you, and you could spend all of your free time kvetching how much better their tyranny is to ours.

I would offer to buy you some gas, but since some Canadian crook bought my company, and ran it into bankruptcy, I'm broke.

BTW.......he is also a Democrat. So there.

Jocko

Re: Living under tyranny, eh???

Jocko Homo said:
I would offer to buy you some gas, but since some Canadian crook bought my company, and ran it into bankruptcy, I'm broke.

BTW.......he is also a Democrat. So there.
Being jobless over there suxx even more than over here, so it must feel really bad. But I also got really tired of you jocko, complaining everywhere you can. Start a wiki page about it and link to it from within your signature, so that you won't need to write about it over and over again.
BTW, if your country is so darn great, and you are treated fair, go get a job. I'm sure the canucks didn't buy every single company in the great us. Over and out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.