AER BD2 + Arylic Panel

Untitled-1.jpg
[/url]

Hi victor,
Yes indeed. The speakers were easy to set up...i hadn't seen that the panels were pre-threaded. You wrote back right away (thanks!)...i had also contacted AER, and i am pleased to say they wrote back fairly quickly
(within an hour or two) and also clarified things. This is good customer service!

I’ve been listening for many hours, but only with my old BandO 7000, and really laughably cheap, old speaker wire, and my room in my basement is super-limited so i haven't been able to position the speakers well,
But even with all of these constraints, i love them! Especially classical music...really amazingly clear...i can hear the scratch of a violin bow across the strings, for instance...something i’ve never heard before.
And being open baffle, its seems like the sound is coming from all around me. Really spectacular.

I will bring them over to my office probably in the next week, where i have much more room to move them around. I am guessing that if I cam get them closer to a wall behind them, the sound will be even more spectacular.
And there, i will have my 8200DX and better speaker cables, and a better record player and phono stage to play with. I have the 8200 set up in triode mode (my personal favorite) and am awaiting my friend to finish building
my 8600. So there is much experimenting and things should only get better and better as I go.

Very happy with the speakers. They appear to be exactly what i was looking for: a real kind of “opposite” compliment to the 1970 kilpsch heresy’s i have. I look forward to comparing the two side by side. But i can already tell i
really favor the preciseness of the AER’s for classical. I can’t wait to hear what miles davis’ horn and the band on “in a silent way” sounds like.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

now have my speakers set up in my office,
And am enjoying listening to them through the 8200.
Stringed instruments and vocals are outstanding.

Here is a link to a tiny desk concert by a Brazilian guitarist that sounds fantastic through the system as i have it now.
I hope you have a minute to listen. Think you may really enjoy it too!

Fabiano Do Nascimento: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert : NPR

Last edited: