Advice needed but not if its not what I want to hear !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Anatoliy welcome back! :) I think your leaving caused more stress than you could know!! Sometimes we pull stuff because of potential to cause a situation, rather than because it did cause a situation, it doesn't mean that the person posting it did something wrong, just that a mod decided it was best to defuse a situation, unfortunately sometimes that action actually causes a situation :(

Kevin and I are both new at this too, so go easy on us :) I think both of us are more than willing to admit when we make mistakes too :D

Tony.

@wavebourn: Wise, knowledgeable, and experienced people are always valued here as members- very much including you, whom I very much respect greatly and very much like personally. But... we all have to follow the rules, even the moderators. I've certainly had some of my posts pulled by other mods when I paid insufficient attention to the rules, but that's part of what it takes to keep a civilized community.
I would love to comment but that hasn't done me any favours in the past.

I'm happy to see Wavebourn back also!
He's a very knowledgeable contributor, and his sense of humor is already showing. I have no reason to emphasize our differences. I have differences with my very best long time friends. I have differences with counter culture, and he had my back earlier in this thread. (cc, even tobacco companies deserve competent counsel.)
The point I'm getting at... DiyAudio is a special place on the web, even though it's probably not exactly what any individual would like it to be. Some complaints about it are, IMO, rather trifling. Others are valid, but more than likely have an adequate civil resolution. YMMV, because I freely admit to being a bit... uhh... different. That's how I like it. And I'm not here to prove anything, least of all my self worth, and couldn't care less if I'm on an ignore list. My PM box is open and welcoming to all. Give the mods a break and send your flames there. Otherwise, on with the show!

One more thing, because I've been intending to say it since my first post in this thread, it's an offshoot of post #3, and it's on topic. I don't remember from where I learned it.
The difference between a wise man and a fool is that the wise man can learn from the fool, but the fool can't learn from the wise man.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Sometimes we pull stuff because of potential to cause a situation, rather than because it did cause a situation, it doesn't mean that the person posting it did something wrong, just that a mod decided it was best to defuse a situation, unfortunately sometimes that action actually causes a situation :(

Yeah, pulling out bad seeds is easy; pulling out post requires a different technique though. :) Sometimes it hurts (I personally don't care much), it's like you're pulling hair out of sensitive places.

Where you been? LOL

Ah non-virtual reality..must be an Xbox :)

Actually, I had been building physical servers for virtual boxes because virtual boxes can't have more resources than physical computers that run them have.

Code:
CPU0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz stepping 02
Booting Node   0, Processors  #1 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #2 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #3 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #4 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #5 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #6 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #7 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #8 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #9 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #10 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #11 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #12 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #13 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #14 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #15 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #16 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #17 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #18 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #19 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #20 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #21 Ok.
Booting Node   1, Processors  #22 Ok.
Booting Node   0, Processors  #23
Brought up 24 CPUs
Total of 24 processors activated (108798.62 BogoMIPS).
[fox@abyss ~]$ free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:      99189848   18575108   80614740          0     176648   14647144
-/+ buffers/cache:    3751316   95438532
Swap:    101302264          0  101302264
[fox@abyss ~]$

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.