Adcom GCD-750 Traverse Deck Replacement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Steve,
I'd love one as well.

Contact Adcom directly. You must have the manual in order to know what you are doing and how that might affect anything else.

A couple pointers. Adcom usually uses pretty good parts but I haven't seen this model. Do not replace anything in the servo or DSP area. This is critical, you can only reduce the performance if you try. I once got a new, under warranty Luxman D-105u. IT didn't work after the owner performed his own "high grade updates to replace the cheap parts installed at the factory". In fact, he was quite put out over what he saw as poor quality. Well, he wrote it off. Not worth repair for two reasons. One, he damaged much of the foil traces on the PCB. Two, He installed new resistors (metal film) and capacitors, film for mica. Of course, most of the caps didn't physically fit. Most of his metal film resistors were inductive (that was a surprise to me!). Lastly, the entire unit needed realignment, that's if the laser survived. He worked in the APC area too.

Long story short, "Sorry sir, your CD player is too badly damaged to service. It's going to cost you less to buy a new one (which was true). He was upset, because he was an engineer (he said). So off he went to terrorize the distributor. I heard about that too! :D

Please, don't let this happen to you.

-Chris

Technics/Panasonic CD mechanism RAE0113Z

From this devices there are a still wide range of suppliers on the web, but when I will order this, I get the message "no longer available"
by this supplier I haven't try this:
Electronic parts market

Therefore I must go another way for replace the laser mechanism by the ACD-11 (ACD11) from Acurus (same laser head model).
I have check out other models with the same mechanism:
1) California Audio Labs Delta transport
2) Adcom GCD-750 (GCD750)
3) TECHNICS SL-PD867 (CD-Changer)
found about
audio-technics lasery w sprzêcie
currently auction:
GittiGidiyor - ?kinci el ve s?f?r elektronikler, bilgisayarlar, koleksiyonlar & fazlas? en ucuz fiyatlarla burada, (Turkey) check item number 22582539

Only the last model is cheap enough for changing the optical pickup. Because this isn't a laser from the SONY KSS-series, the probability of getting defective laser tube is very low. Perhaps the differences to other "RAE" mechanism are not by the optical pick up itself (must been checking). In this case more Technics modells are to use for laser head spender.

If your disc motor not faulty, change only the optical pickup and not the complete mechanism.
Check out also this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/26009-need-transport-help.html

Attachments

• Technics SL-PD-867 front.jpg
    Technics SL-PD-867 front.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Technics SL-PD-867 rear.jpg
    Technics SL-PD-867 rear.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Technics SL-PD-867 aera for model No.jpg
    Technics SL-PD-867 aera for model No.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.