Adcom...common ground amp??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Saw your old post about Polk SDA and Common ground Amps

Hi Arif,
No, in this amp, the channel grounds are referenced independently to chassis ground through a 100 ohm resistor each. If the amp is run into the Polk's without shorting the two ground terminals, Brock's friend may burn out the two 100 ohm resistors.

There is but one transformer with independent windings supplying power to each channel. Each amp is treated as if it's a mono block. If you look at the schematic, it shows the main ground for each channel connected to chassis ground through this 100 ohm resistor. Neat idea eh (Canadian)?

I didn't even have to look for the input ground. The inputs are referenced to the channel ground first.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Saw you post and I need your help with a HK Signature 2.1 5 Channel Amp. I also want to run my SDA with these. I'm sending part of the schematic hoping you could advice me if connecting the neg in my amp is doable. aslo since it's a 5 channel amp, do i connect all 5 negs or just the pair I need for the SDA? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Attachments

• capture 2.1.jpg
    capture 2.1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 39
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.