ADAT DAC Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yupp, You're right. There is another issue which came into my mind why I chose the unbalanced way:

I implemented an input switch and a level meter in the distribution amplifier which both are located in the analog part of the circuit.
Designing the switchboard and level meter balanced would have
made the schematic much more complicated...

Greetz
Kai Markus

ADAT to analog converter for multi-headphone amp

I have an RME FireFace 800 which provides two ADAT inputs and outputs.

They can also use the double-speed mode noted in a post above (adjacent channels at normal speed each provide alternate samples with User bit 2 indicating the double-speed mode - there is a quad-speed mode as well).

I have envisaged having a ADAT to 8SS/4DS channel converter to drive a multi-headphone amp such as a Behringer HA4700 for musician foldback.
This would enable long, electrically-isolated, optical runs wihout the earthing problems such a situation would bring.

I'm sure there would be many who would welcome the opportunity to get their hands on such a converter for their FireFace 800 (and FF400 models).

Is there anyone interested in making a kit or even a fully working version of such a converter for sale?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.