ADAM Active Studio Monitor schematic diagrams help

I know that AX is still in service, I just said if someone sometimes get schematic, soon or later, it would be good to share with us. :)

I upload images, if you need front part, I can upload it too. I changed some big caps and some that were suspective, but nothing fix the problem. Also I post picture with marks where is pin 6, blue traces are visible side, red traces are back side. So pin 6 goes to R264, from it next contact is with R 263 and standby pin.

Btw. Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 20240201_185329.jpg
    20240201_185329.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20240201_185349.jpg
    20240201_185349.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20240201_185349_changes.jpg
    20240201_185349_changes.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240201_191821.jpg
    20240201_191821.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 78
Hi all - does anybody know a tech in the UK that would be able to look at/repair my Adam S3A monitors?

Issue: Speaker B pops when switched to standby and there's also an issue whereby the speakers are not matched (Spk B needs to be set to to -2.5db input gain and -2db high gain to sound like Spk A).

I took my speakers to Adam Audio Repair UK (Absolute Music in Bournemouth) and paid £40 for their investigation. I was initially told that the issue with the popping would likely be replacement of a capacitor and that they'd investigate the mismatch. They replied today and I was quoted a further £368 (£408 total) to repair the pop by changing the ICE 250A amp (+ 4 hours labour) with the following further bad news:
<This price> would repair the pop sound on the one monitor. Unfortunately the volume imbalance is due to a faulty filter board on speaker A. Sadly these are not available anymore and nor is the entire, which would be the other option so sadly we cannot repair this for you.

I've asked for clarification on a few things ('nor is the entire'...?) but don't hold out much hope. I'm unsure what exactly the issue is with the (crossover?) filter board, or if my compensation is relatively accurate/a workable solution or not. I don't want to spend another £400 on monitors that are rendered useless if eg. the frequency response of Spk A is now irreversibly compromised, and they've possibly just been rendered worthless!

As you can tell I'm not a tech so if anybody can recommend a speaker/amp tech in the UK that might be able to help as I love them (paired with Sub10mk2) and can't afford to replacement with anything equal/better for the foreseeable!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi all - does anybody know a tech in the UK that would be able to look at/repair my Adam S3A monitors?

Issue: Speaker B pops when switched to standby and there's also an issue whereby the speakers are not matched (Spk B needs to be set to to -2.5db input gain and -2db high gain to sound like Spk A).

I took my speakers to Adam Audio Repair UK (Absolute Music in Bournemouth) and paid £40 for their investigation. I was initially told that the issue with the popping would likely be replacement of a capacitor and that they'd investigate the mismatch. They replied today and I was quoted a further £368 (£408 total) to repair the pop by changing the ICE 250A amp (+ 4 hours labour) with the following further bad news:

I've asked for clarification on a few things ('nor is the entire'...?) but don't hold out much hope. I'm unsure what exactly the issue is with the (crossover?) filter board, or if my compensation is relatively accurate/a workable solution or not. I don't want to spend another £400 on monitors that are rendered useless if eg. the frequency response of Spk A is now irreversibly compromised, and they've possibly just been rendered worthless!

As you can tell I'm not a tech so if anybody can recommend a speaker/amp tech in the UK that might be able to help as I love them (paired with Sub10mk2) and can't afford to replacement with anything equal/better for the foreseeable!

Thank you!
A further response from Adam Repair, if it helps provide more context:

Yes, I’m sorry but I think age might be the overriding consideration here.

Trying to answer as best I can:

I don’t think, without needing more time to run more tests, that the filter board is causing an issue with different frequencies more that it is causing an overall volume difference.

Sorry. A missing word: should read ‘nor is the entire amp module’

It is difficult to know how it will perform after more time has elapsed. It probably won’t change much. I think you are more likely to get component failure than further loss of performance but it is difficult to know for sure.

I would suggest keeping them running and compensating for the mismatch in performance. Ultimately think the issue here is age. Hopefully they will continue to work. If something fails it may be possible to replace components but it is likely that others will fail soon afterwards.

Sorry not to have better news