AD1865 the best DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i found this on the chinese website, i am on the hunt for a dac
is this dac any good? retail for $2980 RMB (yuan) before shipping

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

● Standard input: Coaxial SPDIF, Optional input: USB-SPDIF,AES/EBU
●Input sample rate: 44.1, 48, kHz/16/18BIT Auto detection
● Signal to Noise ratio:>110db
● Dynamic range:105dB
● Total Harmonic Distortion:1KHZ%0.005
● Rated Power: 2VPP
● Frequency Response: 20-20kHz-0.2db
● Total Power >30W
●Dimensions: 430*270*65mm
●Weight: 5.2kg

ad 1865 best DAC

Looks nice for 400$, which is converted price, strong built, with a switching button which looks like famous "lounch missile" button in B action movies. Actor have to cut one of wires to stay alive, red or black, or yulong s gonna blow....:dead:

Number 16 Fs actually worries me, anyway, I think that guys from Romania, made better dac...rockna

But, I agree with audiodesign, ad 1865K is awesome, natural, punchy and had a plenty of detail. Worth every cent.

Wow! great review.

I use a budget Cambridge Audio 640v2 (Mono WM8740's) and it's made me think the TDA1541A is getting a bit dated.

I replaced the electolytic coupling capacitors with films, decoupled the DACs with Oscons, replaced the 7805 that feeds the clock with a Pinkfish flea CLICK HERE and
used a LM1086/VBE to feed the 5v analogue supply to the DAC.

I'm really pleased with the results and i havn't touched the 78xx/79xx +/-15v supply to the opamps (NE5532)....Yet!

I'm going to build a basic LM1086/337 supply and when thats fitted, i will experiment with the opamps.

I used this kit

I used digital schematic from Audio Note DAC Kit 1.1

AD1865N-K NO OS, 12AU7 output and EZ80 rectifier.
Walt jung super regulator + spectral dmc-20 for +/- 5V analog supply.
Single board completed.

Thanks
Rubydac

Attachments

• img_0317.jpg
    img_0317.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,741
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.