Active Low Pass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I have built the housing for the circuit board.
I had mdf wood at home so I made it out that. Not my best work but it does the job
It will be hidden in the boot of my car.
Here are some pics

Attachments

• 20140516_163624.jpg
    20140516_163624.jpg
    815.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 20140516_163918.jpg
    20140516_163918.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 76
Hi, well it looks quite neat to me ! You "might" find that you get some interference due to it not being in a metal box. If you don't, great, if you do then ....... Also i would have fed the power & signal cables out of seperate holes for the same reason. Even though the signal cables are screened, it "can" make a difference.

Happy motoring & listening :)

Hi, well it looks quite neat to me ! You "might" find that you get some interference due to it not being in a metal box. If you don't, great, if you do then ....... Also i would have fed the power & signal cables out of seperate holes for the same reason. Even though the signal cables are screened, it "can" make a difference.

Happy motoring & listening :)

Thanks for your replies mate and for helping me out.
I have installed the Low pass filter today and is working fine no Alternator noise coming from the woofers.
I First wired the power wire from the low pass filter to the Acc wire worried that the opamp would drain the Battery. But after putting a amp meter to test how much current it pulls at idle and while working i wired it to Constant.
It was not even drawing 1ma. This also solved the popping of the woofers when power was cut from the opamp.:cheers:

Thanks for your replies mate and for helping me out.
I have installed the Low pass filter today and is working fine no Alternator noise coming from the woofers.
I First wired the power wire from the low pass filter to the Acc wire worried that the opamp would drain the Battery. But after putting a amp meter to test how much current it pulls at idle and while working i wired it to Constant.
It was not even drawing 1ma. This also solved the popping of the woofers when power was cut from the opamp.:cheers:

Sorry the current draw is 5.9ma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.