Active filtering or new cross-over for DIY 15 inch homecinema speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for the link, Mark! Seems usefull!

About the amps for mids and highs, I could buy 2 samson servo 120 amps for 100€ (about 130$).
The specs of these amps seem very good and usefull for my application! It might be a good alternative for the gainclones that I'd like to make (when I have more budget and more time).
Bargain of garbage? :)

Thanks!

It has been a while, but I bought some decent amps! English quality amps (H.H. electronics) that where used for broadcasting and that sound very detailed with a great bass response!

Here some pictures:

IMG_9739.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg

IMG_9743.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

you see the active cross-over, HH VX300 amp (2x 100W into 8ohm), HH VX200 (2x65W into 8 ohm) and HH VX150 amp (2x60W into 8ohm). Overall weight is about 30kg! :rolleyes:

Can't wait untill I have some more time to experiment with those amps and to build a nice cabinet for the amps. Also have to think about a pre-amp.. Hmmm :eek:

Amp specs: http://www.hhamplification.co.uk/dbfiles/techpdfs/mosfetvx.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.