Acoustical theory?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
mr_push_pull said:
Hi Jennice

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook was my first option too, but I didn't know how much it focuses on the theoretical part. I was under the impression that it is rather oriented on the practical part.

Thanks for the tip.

Testing Loudspeakers by Joe D'Appolito is a GREAT place to start.

http://www.audioxpress.com/bksprods/books/bkaa45.htm

Scott

mr_push_pull said:
Hi Jennice

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook was my first option too, but I didn't know how much it focuses on the theoretical part. I was under the impression that it is rather oriented on the practical part.

Thanks for the tip.

I think the title is very mis-leading. The book covers all sorts of issues to be considered if you want to build a speaker. (The drivers construction principles, filter considerations and formulas, box design principles are covered, etc.). The 6th edition even has a description for a speaker design, based on some of the theory. I don't recall the previous edition to have any "cookbook" designs at att (I may be wrong), but I don't think the title fits the contents well. I like the book nonetheless.

Jennice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.