Acoustat Answer Man is here

Thanks. Won't retensioning with hot air risk delamination of the coating?
No, as long as the process is done gently, according to instructions. I've never heard of this happening when attempting to re-shrink the diaphragm. Applying too much heat in a concentrated area has a greater chance of melting the diaphragm, which again, should not happen if heating is done gently and uniformly.

I posted this is question in its own thread but maybe I will have better luck getting a response here...

Has anyone used Hypex nc500, nc1200, or the newer NCx500 with Acoustats? These amps are all rated down to 1 Ohm so I would assume they would work well but there is no substitute for first hand experience. Thanks.

Good Afternoon, Cab:

Have used a pair of Red Dragon M500 MKIIs without any issues on a pair 1+1s (which are probably the hardest of the Acoustats to drive). Also have used a DAC 2-Cherry and even a Class D Audio SDS-470C on the same 1+1s without any issues. Mind you, the system is in a small room approx. 10.5 ft by 11 ft. having ASC corner bass traps and some other room treaments.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the info. Are any of your amps using the aforementioned Hypex modules?
Good EVening, cab:

No. Thought you would aks about that. I should have included that the Red Dragons uses the B&O’s ICE amp modules. The 2-Cherry is proprietary and the SDS-470C are based on TI (Texas Instrument) chips(?).

Note: Am currently powering the 1+1s (like charvey above) with an Acoustat TNT-200. Also have the TNP preamp but am currently using a VAC pre.

Sincerely,
Kingsley.

Sorry here’s the pic

Attachments

• IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 44