Acetone in gas tank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We traded our Escape for what I now refer to as the Cheap Jeep. That particular dealer only had a few qualifying cars for sale on his lot and the most expensive one was 22K, although they had 1 Challenger and 3 Vipers in the showroom. There was a feeding frenzy as there were more potential customers than they had cars, although many were turned away because of bad credit.

I am also a gearhead for life and I really think the destruction of a good running car is just stupid. The clunker program virtually killed the resale value of any car that could be scrapped under the program. So we have a good running car that I would have no problem driving to work for a few more years crushed and melted, while we have less fortunate people driving hazardous junk on our streets because they can't afford anything better.

After we made the deal they wrote C4C (cash for clunkers) all over our Escape and told me to drive it to the "death row lot". Our Escape was at least 10 db above every other car in the lot, and I can say that at least in this case that all but a few of the cars on death row were already dead! There was al old green Explorer that had duct tape holding down the duct tape!

I have to believe that the "honest" people in that dealership diverted the Escape to the thriving automotive grey market that exists supplying cars to the carribean islands and Central America.

Attachments

• CrushAndMelt.jpg
    CrushAndMelt.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 60
  • ViperChallenger.jpg
    ViperChallenger.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 63
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.