• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ACA Mini "Almost Clone" Board - Outside U.S.A.

Kevin
For us two swiss users it would be better to send them separately. This is avoiding import tax due to the lower value of one sending and the postal tax in Switzerland isn't very cheap.
Thanks for understanding!
Franz
I agree with Franz
Even if tax amount itself is little, you still pay an administration fee of 25 CHF (~ 27 usd) per shipment as soon as the amount of 50CHF is reached ( value of goods + shipment costs)
If the price of one board would not exceed 8 usd, then it would work...

I agree with Franz
Even if tax amount itself is little, you still pay an administration fee of 25 CHF (~ 27 usd) per shipment as soon as the amount of 50CHF is reached ( value of goods + shipment costs)
If the price of one board would not exceed 8 usd, then it would work...
Phew, I thought it was bad enough post-Brexit here in the UK.

For these small personal transactions the taxes and charges feel like legalised extortion.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
The two members living in the UK have agreed to combine the shipping and one member will distribute the boards in their country.

Would any other members living in the same country be willing to do this?
It was a thought...but it looks like it's not worth the hassle or cost savings for most members of this group. It may actually cost more in most cases. Thanks for checking into it.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Awh 1 board - UK
gary s 1 board - Australia
Deke609 1 board - Canada
spind 2 boards - Canada
diykong 1 board - Hong Kong
kchau22 1 board - Hong Kong
jens r. 1 board - Germany
Franz Gysi 1 board - Switzerland
Jostwid 2 boards - Switzerland
Angchuck 2 board - Singapore
Kokanee 2 boards = Canada
strongbow60 1 board - Sweden
Andrewbee 1 board - Cayman Islands
Tubehead 1 board - Sweden
JRKO 1 board - UK
nautibuoy 1 board - UK

Total 20 Boards

Joined 2007
Paid Member
If you guys are wondering why you haven't received invoices it's because I still need to settle on the best way to ship. I'm considering Stamps.com but I may just walk them down to the local Post Office and do it by hand. If I go to the post office route you'll receive your invoice after they ship, that way I just turn around and charge actual shipping cost.

I'm making the assumption everyone has estimated their own shipping cost as requested in post #1 . I don't want to make any on the spot judgement calls as to whether the cost is justifiable.

Any input from others who have been down this road would be greatly appreciated.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hello Kevin
Do you have the weight of one board?
I think they can be shipped by letter
According to what i can find looking at USPS the costs should not be outrageous
Just add a safety margin. I would not be happy if you had to pay from your pocket
I know from the shipping receipt that when Mark sent me the experimental board it weighed 2.6 once’s.